What damages a legacy more? Consistent ducking or a "loss"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Not cool, but still a good poster doe.
    I have to go a little toe to toe now and then.

Comment

If your AB and Floyd- ducking might work but If your a fighter who doesn't get much exposure then fighting the best and taking an L is better than ducking.

Comment

So this is like an emotional the****utic vent thread for Pactards? They still haven't recovered from KO6 I see.

Comment

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
          What you think.? Poll to follow.

Comment

Ducking. Almost all the greats have losses, its because they fought everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              In Floyds case, a loss would be a wrap.
              Of course a loss would be bad for Floyd. He's been ducking for so long already. Losing and ducking would be a bad combination.

Comment

Ducking is much worse, nearly all the great fighters have a loss.

When a fighter loses then rises from adversity to avenge the loss and get back to the top. That to me is the true mark of a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  DLH is an ATG, he ducked no one, was an exciting fighter, a dominant cash cow, a great boxer, and in his prime would wipe the ring with both Floyd and Manny.
                  He clearly ducked Winky and a rematch w/ Quartey that I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                    Ducking is much worse, nearly all the great fighters have a loss.

When a fighter loses then rises from adversity to avenge the loss and get back to the top. That to me is the true mark of a champion.
                    yup. this is why we have to see how Broner and Mares bounce back, but lately the majority of hot young champs or prospect who took an L have never bounced back.

A true champion can come back from defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JLBlades View Post
                      Of course a loss would be bad for Floyd. He's been ducking for so long already. Losing and ducking would be a bad combination.
                      If you have a handful of losses, and tried to avenge them, you can still be a great. Even if you failed to avenge the 'L'. Some guys just have your number. If you're perceived as being pretty with your 0, and you lose, and you fail to avenge the loss, then that catasrophic. If you are percieved as having weaknesses, and duck on that basis, then that's catasrophic. If you're percieved with being too pretty with your 0 (or W / L ratio), and duck on that basis, it might not catastrophic, but that will hang over you forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X