Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purses for Saturday's PPV

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...imothy-bradley

We already know the main, so here's the undercard

***8226; Lightweight Raymundo Beltran will earn $85,000 and last-minute replacement opponent Arash Usmanee will receive $80,000 in the co-feature.

***8226; Junior welterweight titlist Khabib Allakhverdiev will make $250,000 and challenger Jessie Vargas is getting $90,000.

***8226; Interim junior lightweight titleholder Bryan Vasquez will get $55,000 and challenger Jose Felix Jr. will make $40,000.
    Dang... khabib is making almost as much as the other televised undercards fighters combined

So a little north of half a million for 3 fights, which like half is going to 1 quality but unknown guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      So a little north of half a million for 3 fights, which like half is going to 1 quality but unknown guy.
      Bob never cared for quality of undercards....just to build up fighters.

All I know is, this can't be worse than the last one....that sucked

Comment

I wonder how much Beltran would be getting if he got that world title from Burns. He deserves more imo

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I wonder how much Beltran would be getting if he got that world title from Burns. He deserves more imo
          I agree! Beltran wooped Burns arse

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Bob never cared for quality of undercards....just to build up fighters.

All I know is, this can't be worse than the last one....that sucked
            I feel bad for Ray Beltran, couldn't they get him at least a 100 grand to be in the co-feature, it is the co-feature.

I can feel Bob in a sense that maybe he will get some bang for the buck, and I don't know exactly how much this event is going to make so I can see being thrifty (although I think it is a bit beyond thrifty). Although in this specific situation a good solid co-feature featuring more popular Mexican could have helped sales, but Arum would probably figure that such a fight could stand on it's own and why have 1 bigger event when you can have 2 separate events. Although I don't know that Arum has that sort of talent to spare even if he would have liked to do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I feel bad for Ray Beltran, couldn't they get him at least a 100 grand to be in the co-feature, it is the co-feature.

I can feel Bob in a sense that maybe he will get some bang for the buck, and I don't know exactly how much this event is going to make so I can see being thrifty (although I think it is a bit beyond thrifty). Although in this specific situation a good solid co-feature featuring more popular Mexican could have helped sales, but Arum would probably figure that such a fight could stand on it's own and why have 1 bigger event when you can have 2 separate events. Although I don't know that Arum has that sort of talent to spare even if he would have liked to do something like that.
              The beltran fght has potential to be interesting...especially the way I've seen Usmanee fight.

I've seen Vasquez fight and I thought he gave Uchiyama some troubles before the KO.... not really impressed with Felix, so who knows there.

Khabib/Vargas...yea, not expecting much there. I'm expecting Vargas to lose.... I don't really see much nowadays.

Comment

Is Vargas supposed to win this one?

Comment

Paper titles pay the bills. No way Khabib would be getting as much if he wasn't WBA 'regular' champion.

So while I agree that all those bull**** belts kills the credibility of the sport, they allow unknown boxers like Khabib, Walters, etc. to get opportunities.

Does Cotto fight Trout without his paper belt?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Is Vargas supposed to win this one?
                    He's the underdog and I don't see him winning.

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                    Paper titles pay the bills. No way Khabib would be getting as much if he wasn't WBA 'regular' champion.

So while I agree that all those bull**** belts kills the credibility of the sport, they allow unknown boxers like Khabib, Walters, etc. to get opportunities.

Does Cotto fight Trout without his paper belt?
                    Nope

Comment

Working...
                    X