Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's almost a 50/50 fight, but there are a few factors that might play a major role. Canelo I think is stronger, combination puncher, flat footed, starts to has out around 7 rounds, has average speed.
    Erislandy has fast hands, moves on his feet, and more a pot shot fighter.
    In terms of comparing fights previous, they both dropped and decisioned trout. They both stopped angulo at around 9/10 rounds. But they stopped him in a different fashion. Lara slowly broke him down with pot shots. He did get dropped twice but to get dropped twice and get up and stop your opponent shows heart and skill. Canelo on the other hand broke him with his power and combinations. Angulo is always gonna come forward so it actually made it easier for canelo since he is fairly flat footed.
    Canelo's power and combo's could break down Lara but I don't think canelo will be walking straight through Lara's punches unlike angulo, plus I would assume Lara learnt from the angulo fight to use more side to side rather than to just back up.
    We all know Lara ain't no mayweather. But you could say him and Lara are both pot shotters and good on their feet.....we all know how that went down for canelo.
    All in all I got Lara by decision. Canelo could win it on the ropes but it's up to Lara to avoid that area. I think canelo will get frustrated from Lara landing straight lefts after 3/4 rounds and fight worse as the fight goes on. But all that depends on weather or not canelo can get him on the ropes!!!

Comment

• Sounds like Guerrero's picking Lara for this fight.

Comment

• Tito Trinidad gives the slight edge to Lara

Comment

• Countdown to Canelo vs Lara. Segments 1-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by LWO View Post
            Tito Trinidad gives the slight edge to Lara

Whatever slight edge Lara has, Canelo has it covered with the judges in his pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by LWO View Post
              Sounds like Guerrero's picking Lara for this fight.

No surprise. Guerrero and Casamayor trained in the same gym for a while when Casa was with Goosen and have (had) a good deal of respect for each other.
              Not that it has much to do with Lara v Canelo but you get the sense that Guerrero understands the situation Canelo is getting into.

Comment

• i predict saul fights a smart fight and makes lara fight his fight.
                lara gets kd at least once.
                canelo UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  It seems to me that icha/f3sfr234 hasn't had their heart broken by a fighter, the crying July 12 will be of epic proportions...
                  lol you are funny, well se july 12th

Comment

• Canelo will beat the piss out of Lara!

Comment

• Ref is Robert Byrd

Judges are jerry Roth who I think is good
                      Dave moretti
                      Javi martinez who I've never heard of

Comment

Working...
                      X