No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    So they didn't fight in a phone booth? And Canelo didn't have an advantage over Trout or Angulo?

Open scoring and didn't make the contracted weight. Meanwhile Lara fought Trout on even terms and Angulo had terms favoring himself.

Angulo/Lara was an undercard fight whether the fight was held in a phone booth or not it had nothing to do with the intention to aid an undercard fighter, and there was no way in hell Angulo was setting the terms for a whole event which is what you suggested.

At the end of the day you can make all the excuses you want about the open scoring the thing is both fought under the same circumstances and they knew this going into the fight. If Trout had been more accurate and actually landed something of note he might've won. Don't take away any responsibility from the fighter if he's not getting the job, also there was no weight issue so I don't see why you bring that up.

What was the advantage over Angulo? Other than being the superior boxer. He didn't make weight which I'm not even trying to defend but are you implying that Angulo was weight drained at 155?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      Angulo/Lara was an undercard fight whether the fight was held in a phone booth or not it had nothing to do with the intention to aid an undercard fighter, and there was no way in hell Angulo was setting the terms for a whole event which is what you suggested.

At the end of the day you can make all the excuses you want about the open scoring the thing is both fought under the same circumstances and they knew this going into the fight. If Trout had been more accurate and actually landed something of note he might've won. Don't take away any responsibility from the fighter if he's not getting the job, also there was no weight issue so I don't see why you bring that up.

What was the advantage over Angulo? Other than being the superior boxer. He didn't make weight which I'm not even trying to defend but are you implying that Angulo was weight drained at 155?
      Canelo didn't attempt to make 154. Just said **** it I'll pay you and I'll just weigh 155.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, open scoring affected how Trout fought. They told him he was down on the cards after like what round 4? I forget the specifics I haven't seen that fight in a while, but open scoring took Trout out of his element. Period.

Comment

It's laughable really. Angulo dropping Lara is Canelotards claim at 'Canelo gonna KO Lara' LoL wut

Trout won the round that Canelo dropped him in FFS

Can Canelo drop Lara? Possibly. Will he KO him? Possibly. Anything can happen in boxing. Is it likely? No.
        I also feel the possibility of Canelo being knocked down is also being understated. Lara made Angulo quit in the middle of the ring; in a fight that some feel el Perro was winning.

Lara doesn't have one punch ko power, but he has shown that he has enough power, as well as speed, to land eye catching punches.

Comment

Canelo fought Angulo after Landy broke his face so what does that mean?

You misunderstood: Angulo picked the size of ring, the rehydration clause, didn't comply while Lara did and he still got his face broken.

Canelo had every advantage in the Trout fight with BS open scoring and barely squeaked a decision. Also with the weight issue in the Angulo fight, the day before the fight "I can't make way btw doe"

Edit: yeah Canelo fought Trout and Angulo under better circumstances, for Canelo
          lol yeah he "broke" his face hahaahah show me a report or an x-ray supporting those claims. I always see the same sht from the lara posters, that he shattered his skull lol well enlighten me where are these official medical reports? lol how the fck did trout win? you and dale mathysse swear to god trout won but he literally didn't land one snapping punch the whole fight and he got knocked down. Canelo even made him miss and pay. He outboxed trout. There was a round where he gave trout head movement for about 35 seconds straight and he couldn't even land a punch. If trout would have done that you haters would have creamed your pants. lol and the ring? cmon dude you really believe angulo is some kind of shot caller? and maidana vs lopez was the main event soooo..... and had a rehydration clause? when and where? if Lara is ****** enough to do that without a contract then hes a straight ******

Comment

Canelo didn't attempt to make 154. Just said **** it I'll pay you and I'll just weigh 155.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, open scoring affected how Trout fought. They told him he was down on the cards after like what round 4? I forget the specifics I haven't seen that fight in a while, but open scoring took Trout out of his element. Period.
            Again how did that have any effect on Angulo?

The first eight rounds both fighters tried to execute their game plan it wasn't until the last third of the fight that Trout's corner realize he was losing big on the cards. If anything he fought the last three rounds knowing he needed a KO to win not after 4 rounds as your suggesting when the judges still had the fight close.

Comment

Again how did that have any effect on Angulo?

The first eight rounds both fighters tried to execute their game plan it wasn't until the last third of the fight that Trout's corner realize he was losing big on the cards. If anything he fought the last three rounds knowing he needed a KO to win not after 4 rounds as your suggesting when the judges still had the fight close.
              Because he made the JMW limit and Canelo didn't attempt.
              I still don't understand how you didn't see Trout fighting totally different, hearing the scores between rounds made him fight different, and still gave Canelo all the problems in the world.

And at f3rnal, he still quit doe
              Last edited by Beercules; 06-16-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

154.5 is not JMW limit.

Comment

I still don't understand how you didn't see Trout fighting totally different, hearing the scores between rounds made him fight different, and still gave Canelo all the problems in the world.

so you think he was going for a knockout? lol cmon man trout didn't even land 1 flush power punch the whole fight. ...............

Comment

154.5 is not JMW limit.
                    exactly these guys love to ignore the fact angulo stepped on the scale also a half a pound over and him and virgil hunter were like WTF? what if canelo didnt offer that 1 pound extension and he actually was on weight, angulo still would have came in at 154.5

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                      exactly these guys love to ignore the fact angulo stepped on the scale also a half a pound over and him and virgil hunter were like WTF? what if canelo didnt offer that 1 pound extension and he actually was on weight, angulo still would have came in at 154.5
                      What if what if what if

Canelo wasn't on weight, what if Angulo could lose that .5 pound and what if Canelo couldn't lost the 1 pound?

What if there was no open scoring for the Trout fight? Some people thought Canelo lost anyway, or it was a draw at best.

Comment

Working...
                      X