Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone give Alvarado a good chance of beating JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone give Alvarado a good chance of beating JMM?

I think this could be a tough fight for Juan, since Mike can box a bit and JMM isn't the greatest at applying pressure. He's his best when his opponents apply pressure.

If Alvarado can be patient and not get into a brawl, for at least most of the fight anyway, IMO this could be a tough fight for Juan.

And why is there a CW of 143?
    JMM KO
    14.81%
    Alvarado KO
    7.41%
    JMM decision
    25.93%
    Alvarado decision
    40.74%
    Not sure
    11.11%

I think he has a good chance. Marquez is old, he's still a tough guy to beat but he can't do what he used to do. Alvarado will be the biggest and probably hardest hitting fighter Marquez has ever fought.

Comment

piss drinker is old
      for that reason alone, Alvarado certainly has a good chance
      don't think piss drinker has it anymore, physically or mentally
      he reached his zenith a yr and a half ago
      he has nothing to shoot for now, despite talking up a "5th" title
      won't be the least bit surprised if Alvarado wins this
      an Alvarado KO would be mildly shocking, but not a points win

Comment

Alvarado can stay on the outside and not press. Marquez has a hard time hunting boxers that are not aggressive.

This fight can be slower than most ppl think

Comment

I can see a decision for Mike. Like TS said if he boxes and uses his reach it could be a long night for JMM.
          But we all know him and Nacho will say they were robbed.

Comment

Alvarado has a height and reach advantage so it indeed may be tough on JMM.
            JMM hasn't really beat a high ranked contender above 140 (besides PAC). Fedchenko was only a 4th ranked contender or something like that.

Alvarado, if he fights like how he did in Alvarado Rios 2, will have a good shot.
            Marquez looks a bit slow above 140.

Alvarado can use his athleticism and height/reach advantage. But if he chooses to brawl, JMM will knock him out.

Comment

Alvarado doesn't have the speed, reflexes, skills, defense, stamina, or mobility of Bradley. Marquez should have a much easier time hitting Alvarado than he did Bradley. He should also have a much easier time defending. Alvarado doesn't have the counterpunching and feinting that Bradley used to give Marquez trouble. It's true that boxers are not Marquez's strong point. But he was able to give a far superior boxer to Alvarado in Bradley a very close fight. If he could do that, he should be able to beat Alvarado. The only thing Marquez has to watch out for is Alvarado's power.

Comment

the wars with Rios, the war with Provodnikov...i wouldn't be surprised to see a shell of Alvarado in there

Comment

I don't think he he should box on the outside. He's not going to outbox JMM.

JMM had a **** load of trouble against Michael Katsidis fighting head to head up close on the inside. Alvarado beat Mauricio Herrera in very similar fashion that Katsidis gave JMM hell with. He should go that route. Alvarado may have an advantage fighting that way being the bigger guy.

Comment

This is most definitely a winnable fight for Alvarado.

Comment

Working...
                    X