No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Curtis Stevens Says No Controversy in TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Curtis Stevens Says No Controversy in TKO Win

Bill Emes catches up with middleweight contender Curtis Stevens to discuss his come from behind ten round knockout victory over previously undefeated contender Tureano Johnson. Stevens discusses what he did wrong in the fight, what he should have done better in the fight, feelings on the stoppage, what he wants to do next in the immediate future and more. [Click Here To Read More]

Fight was stopped a tad bit early but like Stevens said the ref should have let him finish him off.... I like Stevens think he's one of those James Kirkland fighters where their never in a boring fight and always on the precipice of being a champion

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
      Fight was stopped a tad bit early but like Stevens said the ref should have let him finish him off.... I like Stevens think he's one of those James Kirkland fighters where their never in a boring fight and always on the precipice of being a champion
      With that said, Kirkland and Stevens should definitely fight. That would be one heck of a fight.

Comment

Maybe the ref should've let Curtis keep pounding on an obviously defenseless fighter... fans would dig it... but then if Johnson turns into another Mago... because it was the tail end of a grueling fight when that can happen easily... what would the fans say then?

Comment

It's rare that I disagree so much with the popular opinion, but I watch the fight end on youtube and started swearing. How can anyone call this a premature stoppage? Tureano wasn't punching back, wasn't doing any defensive movements. He was bending at the waist but still not going down. The ref saved him from an unnecessary KO or a brain trauma.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch because Tureano was clearly winning up to the point of stoppage, but no way this is a controversial ending. Just come from behind KO.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
            It's rare that I disagree so much with the popular opinion, but I watch the fight end on youtube and started swearing. How can anyone call this a premature stoppage? Tureano wasn't punching back, wasn't doing any defensive movements. He was bending at the waist but still not going down. The ref saved him from an unnecessary KO or a brain trauma.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch because Tureano was clearly winning up to the point of stoppage, but no way this is a controversial ending. Just come from behind KO.
            Tend to agree. I think the stoppage wouldn't have even been questioned if Johnson hadn't have been winning - perhaps a second or two longer to see if Johnson could straighten up, but even that coulda potentially endangered him further.

Comment

Working...
            X