Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does the Pacquiao-Bradley Master Thread have 100k more views than Floyd-Maidana??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin
    Probably because there are gazillions of threads about Floyd elsewhere outside the masterthread.
    Fl0mos are delusional.

Are you saying there's no Pacquiao or Bradley threads outside of the master thread?

Face it, Pacquiao vs Bradley is the best fight to be made at WW right now. Cause lord knows Floyd still ducking.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
      the excuses are endless. haha
      Excuses for what? Ok what do you think the reason is that Mayweather sells more PPVs than Pacquiao?? Will be interested to hear your insights.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        or even them most obvious..............it's only a week away.

this. the fight is approaching, floyd maidana is in may, is a month away

Comment

Funny how that Pac-Bradley master thread has less reply with a week to go, than the Mayweather-Maidana fight that has another 4 weeks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Well no because I've witnessed first hand evidence of it and it's pretty obvious too. You think Floyd hits a million PPVs because of his boxing?
            You may have seen some evidence of it. That said, a continued run of ppv's going over 850k and the high percntage of movie theatre seats being sold point to floyd's successfully developing and growing his fanbase.

Yes, it is without question that people flock to the 24/7 and all access shows because of their fascination with his shctick. Yes, that same schtick has become boring to us as diehard fans.

But those people get the kind of "fix" you are elluding to in those shows. The people who then spend for the fight or go to watch the fight are likely watching because they like his style of his boxing. WHich goes back to my original point in my reply to you about why is it that fans have to gravitate to the sport or a fighter for only one reason?

why is it a given to you that floyd's style is not the reason the American viewing audience purchases his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
              You may have seen some evidence of it. That said, a continued run of ppv's going over 850k and the high percntage of movie theatre seats being sold point to floyd's successfully developing and growing his fanbase.

Yes, it is without question that people flock to the 24/7 and all access shows because of their fascination with his shctick. Yes, that same schtick has become boring to us as diehard fans.

But those people get the kind of "fix" you are elluding to in those shows. The people who then spend for the fight or go to watch the fight are likely watching because they like his style of his boxing. WHich goes back to my original point in my reply to you about why is it that fans have to gravitate to the sport or a fighter for only one reason?

why is it a given to you that floyd's style is not the reason the American viewing audience purchases his fights?
              Just seems obvious to me. It is the reason I watch his fights but I am aware enough to know that as a hardcore fan, I'm in the minority.

Mayweather goes the extra yard to market himself. I would also say more people buy his fights to see him lose than to watch his skills or be entertained. That's why it always gets me when his fans complain about "haterz" - DUH that's what he wants, he markets himself to be disliked.

Comment

130k more views and growing*

Comment

Boxing fans > FLOMOS

Comment

I would expect more people to talk about a fight that is about a week away as opposed to one that is about a month away. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Just seems obvious to me. It is the reason I watch his fights but I am aware enough to know that as a hardcore fan, I'm in the minority.

Mayweather goes the extra yard to market himself. I would also say more people buy his fights to see him lose than to watch his skills or be entertained. That's why it always gets me when his fans complain about "haterz" - DUH that's what he wants, he markets himself to be disliked.
                      Yes, I know how floyd has marketed himself. He hasn't maketed himself as the villian or to be disliked in since he went to showtime. His documentaries on CBS and showtime were more about changing his image than doubling down on it.

As for seeing him lose, yes there are those that watch for that reason. But nowhere in the history of sports has someone garnered sales or ratings mainly because people hate them.

The teams or atheletes that get a ton opf hate to-floyd, cowboys, lakers, duke hoops, notre dame football, man u, yankees-all have a ton of fans.

Next weekend, I'm sure a ton of people will turn into wrestlemania to see if the undertaker finally loses-but I bet he has more fans turning in to see him win. lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X