Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does the Pacquiao-Bradley Master Thread have 100k more views than Floyd-Maidana??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Mayweather tries quite a lot harder to sell himself and that appeals to casual boneheads who get excited by his "trash talk"

Pacquaio basically just fights and doesn't say much apart from.... "Im just doing my jab. More ahhchun in the ring".
    Casual boneheads. Isn't it a good thing that more fans pay attention to the sport? or is it only good if they tune in for the same reasons you do?

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
      Casual boneheads. Isn't it a good thing that more fans pay attention to the sport? or is it only good if they tune in for the same reasons you do?
      I didn't say it wasn't good for the sport. Casual boneheads drive up the PPV buyrate so it's not a bad thing. I was just explaining one of the obvious reasons Mayweather sells more PPVs.

Comment

Mayweather tries quite a lot harder to sell himself and that appeals to casual boneheads who get excited by his "trash talk"

Pacquaio basically just fights and doesn't say much apart from.... "Im just doing my jab. More ahhchun in the ring".
        I think dirk UK hit the nail on its head. Statistics show hardcore boxing fans such as those who frequent NSB are not representative of the greater majority of casual fans who DNSAB.

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't good for the sport. Casual boneheads drive up the PPV buyrate so it's not a bad thing. I was just explaining one of the obvious reasons Mayweather sells more PPVs.
          No, you were derisively rationalizing why his numbers were higher.

Originally posted by jas View Post
          I think dirk UK hit the nail on its head. Statistics show hardcore boxing fans such as those who frequent NSB are not representative of the greater majority of casual fans who DNSAB.
          I would agree casual fans may not know anything about the nuances of the sport. But the reason they are attracted are the same reasons cited by diehards on NSB why they like a specific fighter or why they first got into boxing-brutality, excitement and entertainment.

They are in fact just like casuals, only they have slightly more knowledge. Not that knowledge is a requirement of being a fan. You think half the people who watch the NFL know a ton about the subtle nuances or what is really going on? They like speed, hitting, touchdowns-the basics. Reading this board, most of the people here are fans for basic reasons as well-power and ko's.

No sport survives on just the diehard fans. Every sport, at least here in the US, does everything it can to attract non diehards. Yet only in boxing do we criticize those fans for lack of knowledge or why they like a boxer rather than embrace the fact they showed interest.

Comment

Because Pac is relevant and takes legacy fights. Floyd just fights people coming off of a win and that seems enough for Floyd it don't matter who that person coming off of a win is. It could be me, and make excuses as to why im credible.

Comment

No, you were derisively rationalizing why his numbers were higher.
              Ok son, you know what I was thinking better than I do

Whether you think I was being "derisive" or not doesn't change the fact that I'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by duwdu View Post
                As I write this:

The Pacquiao-Bradley thread has 789 posts in 132,307 views, a ratio of 1 post for every 168 views.

On the other hand, the Mayweather-Maidana thread has 604 posts in just 29,940 views, a ratio of 1 post in just every 37 views!

Morals of this statistics: Participants on the Mayweather-Maidana thread make posts 4.5 times more posts than participants on the Pacquiao-Bradley thread.

This, to me, means that the Mayweather-Maidana thread is more vibrant, and arguably much more interesting, compared to the Pacquiao-Bradley thread this far.

Does it also mean that participants on the Mayweather-Maidana thread are more more intellectually alive/aware compared to the generality of the participants on the Pacquiao-Bradley thread this far? I wouldn't know.

P34c3
                And more than likely on the Floyd/Maidana thread more Floyd haters post on it which is usually the case.

They simply cannot not help themselves in making threads or bashing the dude. The haters are the more emotional vocal ppl in this site

Comment

Ok son, you know what I was thinking better than I do

Whether you think I was being "derisive" or not doesn't change the fact that I'm right.
                  I didn't make any comment on what you were thnking. I made a comment giving my interpretation of what you posted.

The only evidence as to why casual fans purchase floyd fights or any other boxer on ppv is your opinion.

Comment

I didn't make any comment on what you were thnking. I made a comment giving my interpretation of what you posted.

The only evidence as to why casual fans purchase floyd fights or any other boxer on ppv is your opinion.
                    Well no because I've witnessed first hand evidence of it and it's pretty obvious too. You think Floyd hits a million PPVs because of his boxing?

Comment

the excuses are endless. haha

Comment

Working...
                      X