No announcement yet.

Hardest hitters at 140, 147 and 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest hitters at 140, 147 and 154

Who do you guys think the hardest hitters are at 140, 147 and 154?

At 140 I think it's blatantly Matthysse, nobody else comes close.

At 147 I think it's Thurman, although you could make a case for Maidana. According to Soto Karass who's been in the ring with both, they've got equal power - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjm0O46Qw6w

At 154, probably Kirkland.

140 matty-garcia-prov

147 there's a few. Maidana probably hits harder than thurman but thurman is sharper and faster so he not only hits hard but can catch you when you dont expect it. Maidana more of a brute. Ortiz, while not relevant anymore is also a big puncher. Then there's Bailey (if he still fights its clearly him). Berto can punch as well. 147 has a lot of power and speed which is what makes it such a great div.

154 i would have said Angulo but Canelo looked fast and powerful as hell his last fight. I have Canelo edging angulo AND kirkland. Theyre more crude in their approach and canelo apparently has good power if he chooses to fight that way. I think canelo's speed really makes his power shine as well compared to kirkland's slower animalistic approach.

Comment

Karim Mayfield.

Comment

It's not unquestionably Matthysse at 140. Ruslan Provodnikov is a beltholder there, remember.

I'd say Thurman at 147 as well.

154 is tough. Unless I'm completely forgetting someone, there is no real dangerous puncher there, certainly no one definitively better than the rest. Alvarez, Lara, Kirkland, Angulo, they all hit about the same.

Comment

Off the top of my head

140 lucas

147 thurman

154 kirkland

but im probably leaving someone off

Comment

Provodnikov doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Matthysse imo. He hasn't got that 1 punch KO power, his power is more of the accumulative type, it wears you down.

Comment

Yeah ruslan at 140,,, totally forgot about him,,, i think he is about even with lucas,,, hard to seperate the 2.... both can hurt you bad with one punch

Comment

Lucas the machine matthysse

thurmanator

canelo

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  Lucas the machine matthysse

thurmanator

canelo
                  Im surprised that you didnt say canelo's snake

Comment

At 140 Lucas then Ruslan

147 Thurman? Maidana? Not sure who else is considered a heavy puncher at WW.

154 is probably Canelo or Kirkland. I think Lara also hits hard

Comment

Working...
                    X