No announcement yet.

Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see him poleax Braehmer.

That way he could get another belt and be like yo winner of Shumenov- BHop here I am.

I just feel like Braehmer has always been in easy and when he's not, he bails out of fights.

I wish there was some kind of reckoning for him.

Comment

Stevenson or gtfo of my face.

If that doesn't happen, I couldn't care less. Pascal, Chilemba, Braehmer are all crap.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Stevenson or gtfo of my face.

If that doesn't happen, I couldn't care less. Pascal, Chilemba, Braehmer are all crap.
        I rate Pascal and Chilemba to be honest, two solid wins if Kovalev could get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I rate Pascal and Chilemba to be honest, two solid wins if Kovalev could get them.
          Chilenba is the worst. He's the Carlos Molina of light heaves. Would rather watch grass grow than go through one more of his fights.

Pascal is what he is. Just ok. A lot of style, no substance. Kovalev is beyond his league. Stevenson or Hopkins.

Obviously Hopkins isn't happening, so Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
            I want to see Kovalev fight Braehmer or Pascal this year. Hopefully at least one of those two fights can be made.
            do you think Sergey could reach ATG status? I have publically stated before the Nathan clev fight he could What you think?

Comment

Chilemba is a clever, awkward fighter & would make Kovalev work.
              Kovalev is still growing as a fighter & he needs opponents that can give him a different look so that he has something to solve. It is also an easy fight to make.

Pascal looks like the biggest fish he could net in the near future, but he'll likely have to wait until near the end of the year while Pascall looks for the biggest purse he can get for the match & keep working in the meantime.

The winner of Nadjib Mohammedi-Anatoliy Dudchenko will likely throw up another decent challenger - the fight is in the US, Mohammedi is on a 10 fight win streak after close losses to Cleverly & getting caught early against Sukhotsky, & Dudchenko has a bit of a buzz.

Eleider Alvarez also has talent & skills, but needs a little more seasoning.

Umberto Savigne is a decent stay busy fight with an element of danger - skilled Cuban puncher who probably stayed too long as an amateur but still could be dangerous.

---
              The real future challengers for division supremacy are likely to be another couple of Russians :
              Artur Beterbiev - long-time amateur with a pure pro style. Incredibly strong & very heavy-handed.
              Egor Mekhontsev - Olympic gold medallist. An aggressive southpaw boxer-puncher with very solid skills & power in both hands.

Both guys still have several years of building to do, but these are the guys to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
                Chilemba is a clever, awkward fighter & would make Kovalev work.
                Kovalev is still growing as a fighter & he needs opponents that can give him a different look so that he has something to solve. It is also an easy fight to make.

Pascal looks like the biggest fish he could net in the near future, but he'll likely have to wait until near the end of the year while Pascall looks for the biggest purse he can get for the match & keep working in the meantime.

The winner of Nadjib Mohammedi-Anatoliy Dudchenko will likely throw up another decent challenger - the fight is in the US, Mohammedi is on a 10 fight win streak after close losses to Cleverly & getting caught early against Sukhotsky, & Dudchenko has a bit of a buzz.

Eleider Alvarez also has talent & skills, but needs a little more seasoning.

Umberto Savigne is a decent stay busy fight with an element of danger - skilled Cuban puncher who probably stayed too long as an amateur but still could be dangerous.

---
                The real future challengers for division supremacy are likely to be another couple of Russians :
                Artur Beterbiev - long-time amateur with a pure pro style. Incredibly strong & very heavy-handed.
                Egor Mekhontsev - Olympic gold medallist. An aggressive southpaw boxer-puncher with very solid skills & power in both hands.

Both guys still have several years of building to do, but these are the guys to watch.
                Good job man.
                The more reasonable options are Pascal and Chilemba.
                Eleider Alvarez, Dudchenko and Savigne would be huge underdogs, but they are at least decent and pack a good punch.
                Beterbiev and Mekhontsev should translate well to the pro game. If Kovalev is still champion in 2016, why not?

Comment

Chavez/GGG winner

Comment

Kovalev is in atough spot. He has an HBO deal so his options are limited.

Maybe the #1 option becomes Thomas ADamek. He is with Main events, is on his way out, and should be someone KOvalev could beat. Then he could fight fonfora after stevenson. These fights work in AC because Jersey has a big polish fanbase that would support these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                      Kovalev is in atough spot. He has an HBO deal so his options are limited.

Maybe the #1 option becomes Thomas ADamek. He is with Main events, is on his way out, and should be someone KOvalev could beat. Then he could fight fonfora after stevenson. These fights work in AC because Jersey has a big polish fanbase that would support these fights.
                      Adamek hasn't fought at LHW for 7 years, he's definitely not moving down to catch a beating from Kovalev even if it was physically possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X