Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did we ever get an answer from Mikey's camp on why he didnt sign against Gambao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i remember hearing mikey wanted like 1.3 or 1.5 mill

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      quit lying

mikey wants no part of gamboa. garcia and those mexicans are scared ****less of cuban fighters, they know the deal.

mikey garcia is a guy who wants to make the most money out of boxing then leave w ithout taking risks. he gives a fguck about figting the best.
      This is the truth. Same sh¡t going on with Canelo and Lara.

Although I'd just say, they don't want the fight, rather than call them scared. And of course this is generalizing, there are exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        quit lying

mikey wants no part of gamboa. garcia and those mexicans are scared ****less of cuban fighters, they know the deal.

mikey garcia is a guy who wants to make the most money out of boxing then leave w ithout taking risks. he gives a fguck about figting the best.
        Which division is Gamboa the best in????

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          If I remember correctly either it was both or one of them pricing themselves out. Mikey wanted at least a mil and Gamboa wanted a bigger chunk then he deserved too I believe.

Also I don't think HBO wants Gamboa on and they won't put up the money for Gamboa and apparently neither Uchiyama...

http://www.bo xingnews24.com/2014/02...-up-the-money/
          remove the space ^

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/12...-want-uchiyama
          I'm reading a lot of replies here and no one seems to know much about the situation. I, myself, have heard information from a good source; but it's not 100% certain, so I won't publicize what I've heard. One thing I can say for certain is that Arum himself said (as reported by Boxingscene) that HBO didn't want any other fighter for Mikey but Gamboa. That's a fact.

Comment

Gamboa should have took peanuts and just beat mikey for a bigger payday.
            Dudes management sucks. TR was the beat thing for him and had so many fights for him . He is a moron

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Which division is Gamboa the best in????
              lol Good reply. However, even a less-than-optimal Gamboa is a better fighter -- and certainly a better name -- than most anyone in Mikey's range. Uchiyama might be better at the moment, but his name doesn't provoke the same level of interest. Shit, even Mikey's brother didn't know who the fuck he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Gamboa should have took peanuts and just beat mikey for a bigger payday.
                Dudes management sucks. TR was the beat thing for him and had so many fights for him . He is a moron
                Top Rank wanted to feed him to an oversized Rios and they also blew the big show down with him and Juanma.

Comment

Mikey priced himself out making irrealistic demands. According to Steve Kim he was asking more than $1.5 million.

HBO badly wanted that fight, Arum had no problem with it, Gamboa agreed to a reasonable amount of money, and it was way less that what Mikey was supposed to get.

Team Garcia wanted no part of Gamboa. Mikey called Gamboa out twice and when Gamboa (and HBO) called his bluff he suddenly got cold feet. He even lied in interviews, saying that Gamboa was the one asking for too much money.

Mikey basically ducked Gamboa.

The truth:
                  http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...-vs-tba-on-hbo

At least Stevenson had a valid excuse: money.
                  Mikey? nah. He would have made a career-high payday vs Gamboa, but now he will earn less money in his next fight.

Comment

Let's be real... This is the biggest possible fight for mikey at the moment... It's his biggest payday but I think gamboa has him shook...

Mikey will take less money and milk his title vs the roman Martinez of the world

Comment

Here are two important excerpts from that Steve Kim article.:

"It broke down over money. Yeah, everything breaks down over money," Top Rank Promotions Founder Bob Arum confirmed to Maxboxing last Friday afternoon. "I mean, Garcia thought he was worth more and obviously didn't give a **** about what Gamboa was getting but he used the argument that he should get more based on what they were paying Gamboa, who, after all, has no track record and hasn't fought in a long time. It seems to be that's a pretty good argument."

There was a time when it seemed that both Top Rank and HBO, both eager to develop potential opponents for Manny Pacquiao, were in accord when it came to this fight. Garcia reportedly was asking for north of $1.5 million for facing Gamboa, who, in turn, had agreed to a much lesser number for this match-up. HBO, which has televised seven of Garcia***8217;s bouts since 2011, seems to be taking this stance with Garcia: make the fight we want or sit.

Does that seem like Gamboa was pricing himself out?
                      Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-29-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X