Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is peter quillin the biggest joke in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quillin may not be the biggest joke, but he's up there. He pretends to be a bigshot champion in every interview, when in reality he is an undercard paper champion. He ducks every top middleweight, then hides behind Al Haymon. And what's really sad is he can barely beat the guys they put in front of him. He lost most of the rounds without a knockdown to Ndam and was going life and death with Rosado. Several top middleweights called Quillin out, yet he fights Konecny instead. Quillin is an example of everything that is wrong in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      IMO, this is the biggest joke.

Why did Manny Pacquiao make the lumpia cry?

HE PANCIT!

HAHAHA

Comment

I don't think he's the biggest joke in boxing. I don't even think he's a joke period.

He has no hype behind him, he's an undercard fighter, and no one is claiming he's something special.
        He's an explosive counterpuncher with decent speed and power, but he has major flaws. Overall, Quillin is average.

If you say he's garbage, then you should understand why he hasn't stepped up yet. GBP don't want him to face a threat and lose.
        And if you look at him as a paper champion, then he's not alone: Figueroa, Quigg, Peterson, Braehmer, etc. You can add Kovalev and GGG, based on their resumes, not their abilities.

And yes his interviews are laughable if you're a hardcore boxing fan. But what is supposed to say? You can't expect him to tell us how he became a protected champion who's just milking his title.

Comment

Quillin is nearing 31 years old. He really needs to step up or he will be a joke. The middleweight division besides a couple of fighters is a joke though.

Comment

Yes. He's the biggest fraud titleholder in the sport. He basically admits that he doesn't want to fight the best and only wants money, and will take the lowest risk fights that still offer a reward.

Andre Berto was the real deal compared to Quillin. Victor Ortiz was the real deal compared to Quillin.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Yes. He's the biggest fraud titleholder in the sport. He basically admits that he doesn't want to fight the best and only wants money, and will take the lowest risk fights that still offer a reward.

Andre Berto was the real deal compared to Quillin. Victor Ortiz was the real deal compared to Quillin.
              Well said. How hilarious would it be if Quillin somehow lost his next fight?

Comment

The way he acts is ridiculous, the guy is one of the dumber ****s I've ever witnessed.

And I love how GBP and showtime tries to parade him around like a star, vs nobodies, and they zero dollars behind him. They know he isn't ****.

Comment

I dont think so.

After 154 GBP doesnt really have any fighters in the upper weight classes. Im not going to entertain the "OH he ducked Golovkin" because that was a double standard. Golovkin's team knows Quillin fights on Showtime but he still called him out to try exposing him as a duck, then Lara comes out and calls out GGG and they quickly say "Oh hes a showtime fighter, we want someone who we know can fight on HBO" fact....look it up. Even though Lara HAS fought on HBO more recently than any other showtime fighter, so im not buying the he ducked GGG thing. Right now Quillin is hoping the fighters at 154 move up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                    I dont think so.

After 154 GBP doesnt really have any fighters in the upper weight classes. Im not going to entertain the "OH he ducked Golovkin" because that was a double standard. Golovkin's team knows Quillin fights on Showtime but he still called him out to try exposing him as a duck, then Lara comes out and calls out GGG and they quickly say "Oh hes a showtime fighter, we want someone who we know can fight on HBO" fact....look it up. Even though Lara HAS fought on HBO more recently than any other showtime fighter, so im not buying the he ducked GGG thing. Right now Quillin is hoping the fighters at 154 move up.
                    I'm pretty sure Quillin was offered a Golovkin fight before he moved to Showtime. And there's nothing stopping him from fighting guys like Macklin and Stevens, who both were talked about as opponents for him. If Quillin won't fight top middleweights, he needs to stop pretending to be middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                      I dont think so.

He ducked Golovkin multiple times before GBP became Showtime exclusive. And even with that excuse to talk big afterwards, he still made excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X