No announcement yet.

Kovalev Has Killed A Man In The Ring Yet is Seemingly Unaffected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev Has Killed A Man In The Ring Yet is Seemingly Unaffected

In the past it seems as if some boxers were never the same after something like that.

Is there any videos of him discussing or his reaction to it? What do you make of him being possibly even more aggressive and killer attitude in the ring after it happened?

The Kov legend is growing.

Comment

I think it's cause if you compare with benny parett vs emile griffith where parett died. Griffith was angry with parett and wanted to punish him extra. If you kill someone out of anger you will probably feel more guilty.

Kovalev vs Simakov was two warriors who respected each other. When simakov died kovalev said he was really sorry and he donated his next purse to simakovs family. It was an accidental killing not trying to hurt someone out of anger. I guess that makes it a bit easier to live with.

When you fight you know the risk for death always exists even if it's small. Accepting that and still fighting is part of what boxing is.

Comment

How do you know he is unaffected?

Maybe he cry's before he sleeps at night?

Comment

Ray Robinson killed a man and kept beating people up...didnt max baer kill 2 men?

Comment

if he dies, he dies

- sergey kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
              I think it's cause if you compare with benny parett vs emile griffith where parett died. Griffith was angry with parett and wanted to punish him extra. If you kill someone out of anger you will probably feel more guilty.

Kovalev vs Simakov was two warriors who respected each other. When simakov died kovalev said he was really sorry and he donated his next purse to simakovs family. It was an accidental killing not trying to hurt someone out of anger. I guess that makes it a bit easier to live with.

When you fight you know the risk for death always exists even if it's small. Accepting that and still fighting is part of what boxing is.
              I don't think that was Griffith's fault, it was clearly the ref's fault and the tendencies of all refs at that time to let beatings go on for too long. The fighter can not stop or ask the ref to stop the fight, because that would then cause a TKO/RTD loss to the fighter showing mercy.

Clearly, very clearly, a terrible ref job.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I don't think that was Griffith's fault, it was clearly the ref's fault and the tendencies of all refs at that time to let beatings go on for too long. The fighter can not stop or ask the ref to stop the fight, because that would then cause a TKO/RTD loss to the fighter showing mercy.

Clearly, very clearly, a terrible ref job.
                It was that piece of **** refs fault no doubt but you would feel more guilty if you intended to really punish someone and they ended up dying rather than a death in any other fight.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                  How do you know he is unaffected?
                  This. I very much doubt he was unaffected,he just copes with it well so you don't see it. Something like that lives with you for ever and he may have had to have seen someone to learn to live with it.
                  Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 03-28-2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I think I remember Kov saying it took him a month to accept that the risks are part of the job he and his opponents have chosen.

Comment

Working...
                    X