Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG not fight Ward the lineal champ at 168 but choose Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    funny how that only applies to some fighters though, isnt it?

broner wasnt allowed to test the waters at 147 even though he came up all the way from 135 where he only had one fight, noooooo. he was cherry picking a feather fisted paper titlist and if anyone ever pointed out what i just mentioned they were a nuthugger.
    I think people were criticizing him more for entirely skipping 140 where he might have had some good fights.

At 147 Paulie was a good test despite what people might say.

Comment

• if ward really wanted the fight he should try for once in his career going about things 50/50 instead of being adamant about him holding all the advantages

meet golovkins half-way at 164lb's

Comment

• I'm sure the fight would have been made by now if Ward was anywhere near as popular or as financially viable as Chavez Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Why did he not fight the best guy at 168? and don't talk to be about business and money because according to this forum that should not matter

Because it is his first fight at the weight and wants to grow into the weight.

How many fighters can you name that have stepped up and taken on the lineal champ.

Not many.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            if ward really wanted the fight he should try for once in his career going about things 50/50 instead of being adamant about him holding all the advantages

meet golovkins half-way at 164lb's
            Why does Ward have to meet him at 164??? yet he is fighting the bigger Chavez at 168?

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Because it is his first fight at the weight and wants to grow into the weight.

How many fighters can you name that have stepped up and taken on the lineal champ.

Not many.
              So why are other fighters based by the same posters who accept this **** fight?

Comment

So why are other fighters based by the same posters who accept this **** fight?
                I'm not sure what you are asking, could you rephrase?

Comment

Ok so i take it you think going for the fight that makes you more money is smart then right?
                  Why are you acting like Golovkin was offered the Ward fight? HBO don't want that fight, Ward doesn't want that fight so it's not an issue (butthurt flomos aside).

Comment

• GGG saying he wants to fight the winner of cotto-martinez is more bothersome if he's moving up to 168. He should fight ward after chavez imo. I can't be upset w/ a sergio fight instead of ward doe.

Comment

• I'll never blame a boxer if he chooses fights based on making more money. They are the ones in there taking shots and putting their life in danger so they better get as much $$$ as they can.

Comment

Working...
                      X