Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler thinks not fighting Pacquiao will hurt Mayweather’s legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
    Floyd is a top 10 all time great without Manny is what Im saying.....

How does history view Manny at this point????????
    Floyds not even a top 10 all time great with Manny unless you're just going by your own ratings? No legitimate ranking source has him even close to that. That is a Fact and I challenge you to find 1?

Comment

Ding ding. His legacy would be borderline thrash.

Comment

Because, to a few being undefeated is more important than legacy or a legit resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
          ATGs like Hagler and Duran and numerous others have criticized Floyd in the past when it comes to level of competition and/or ducking Pacquiao.

When all that's said and done, if Floyd wanted the fight, he would've taken it. Too many roadblocks, too much excuses.
          2 prior top rank fighters siding with a top rank fighter. wow, that truly is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by ptw1 View Post
            2 prior top rank fighters siding with a top rank fighter. wow, that truly is unbelievable.
            You're a buffoon. You think people care about networks? People call it as they see it. Floyd's a ducker.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooliun_Smaxon View Post
              You're a buffoon. You think people care about networks? People call it as they see it. Floyd's a ducker.
              You're calling me a buffoon but yet you don't know the difference between a network and a promotion.

Comment

Mayweather is everything that is wrong with boxing IMO. No fighter should ever become bigger than boxing and the same goes for any professional athlete in their given sport. Imagine Federer deciding he doesn't want to play against Nadal, Tiger Woods declining Phil Mickelson, Real Madrid saying no to Barcelona, Usain Bolt not racing Tyson Gay, Jon Jones avoiding Alexander Gustafsson or any top sportsman in any elite sport not coming up against opponents who rightfully deserve a shot at a title.

Its a complete joke that a guy who is the number one can dictate who he comes up against especially when their is a clear number one contender who is absolutely ready and able to take the fight to him in the ring. The rule should be simple....fight the guy who is seen as the best contender or give up the belt. Pacquaio was without a doubt the only guy Floyd should have fought a few years back and no fighter should ever have the power to turn down such a fight (Making false accusations about drugs cheating should get laughed at by the governing body and they should force you to fight if you don't have any proof which Floyd didn't and does not).
                Imagine going to the olympics and deciding you don't want to compete against someone....Mayweather is a coward and a complete joke.(yeah I respect his victories against the people he has fought but he did not take the fight that mattered the most)

Fight the best if you wanna be seen as the best. Simple.
                Pacquiao of a few years back Kicks Floyds ass and Floyd knows it. That's why the fight never hapened.
                Last edited by l1ght; 03-27-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/marv...043834858.html

“And now the fighters are not dictated to fight the best challengers because they can make good money fighting other guys.”

He then talked about Floyd Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao to drive home his point.
                  “Back then you had to fight the number 1 contender regardless of who it was. When I was the undisputed champion, I had three challengers at any given time. When I was done with the mandatory challenger with the WBC, I move to the WBA, then the IBF,” Hagler pointed out. “Today they can fight the number 6 or the number 8 guy.”

“Mayweather is going to retire after a couple of more fights because there’s nobody out there,” Hagler said. “Mayweather-Pacquiao won’t have the interest it had before. Maybe they would have pulled in a hundred million dollars but that’s gone now.”

Hagler however added that Mayweather owes it to himself to fight Pacquiao.

“If he retires and he does not give Pacquiao his shot, there will always be a conversation that maybe he was afraid of him,” Hagler said. “I believe that the best way is to fight the top. The way my career led me, [I had to] fight the best. This way you feel good about yourself.”

Pacquiao`s own former conditioning coach said that Floyd tried to make the fight numerous times but Pacquiao did not want to negotiate which is true.Floyd did sent Pacquiao a contract offering him 50% of the revenue but the Pacman turned it down,then later Floyd offered Pacquiao 40 mil but Pac turned it down also.Pacquiao is the one whose legacy is tarnished,because most people believe Pacquao was on steroids through out much of his career regardless who admits it or not.People will always remember him turning down testing in the first negotiations which created a cloud of suspicion.

Pacquiao agreed years later to random testing with no cut off but its too late,People see that as Pacquiao trying to save face.And Pacquiao`s own trainer said that Ariza was giving Pacquio suspicious drinks.And its gonna be worse for Pacquiao when the boxing masses find out about all the fighters he ducked.I already made a post of all the top fighters Pacquiao ducked,and it clearly showed that Pacquiao ducked more fighters then anybody.The masses are brainwashed now by Pac groupies in the media but not for long.

And Hagler ducked Mike mCcalumm and Julian Jackson,so he didn't fight all the best guys out there.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    Pacquiao`s own former conditioning coach said that Floyd tried to make the fight numerous times but Pacquiao did not want to negotiate which is true.
                    And 50 Cent, Floyd's best friend said "I can't be friends with Floyd no more, I'm tired of running from Pacquiao."

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      And 50 Cent, Floyd's best friend said "I can't be friends with Floyd no more, I'm tired of running from Pacquiao."
                      Miguel cotto also said mayweather was his toughest fight

Comment

Working...
                      X