Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO filling the void on May 24th, rumored fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation of course but maybe Kirkland not accepting cause he is in the running for the canelo golden ticket. Other than tha cant think of why not accept this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo
      Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I would've expected Kirkland to jump all over this match up. I guess not.

Maybe Kirkland is out of black pills.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Does he still have the same adviser? The guy that ruined all his fights/
      Wasn't it Dunkin or something? Your guess is as good as mine. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Speculation of course but maybe Kirkland not accepting cause he is in the running for the canelo golden ticket. Other than tha cant think of why not accept this fight
        Unlikely, would be surprised if they let him fight Canelo after the crap he pulled.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

He replaced Dunkin with one of his friends who gave pretty bad financial advice

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetta

Unlikely, would be surprised if they let him fight Canelo after the crap he pulled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

He replaced Dunkin with one of his friends who gave pretty bad financial advice
          Lol well you know more than me on that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Lol well you know more than me on that matter.

After that he cleaned house and sued GBP.... so don't know if his "friend" was part of the clean house.

Also Glazkov might enter this HW mix

Said HBO spoke about having him on

Comment

Lou DiBella ***8207;@loudibella 27m
              @AndyLeeBoxing, moving down toward 154, willing to step in for Kirkland and fight Willie Nelson on May 24 @HBOboxing.

Lou trying to match his fighters....ehhhh, no

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Kim said that they were thinking about putting Kirkland/Nelson on May 24th since the April 26th card fell apart.
                He just posted this too which is equally as good

Steve Kim ***8207;@stevemaxboxing 1h
                A source says that a heavyweight bout between Mike Perez and Bryant Jennings on May 24th,'Has potential' of taking place. HBO? #boxing

Looks like they want to go head to head with Stevenson
                looks like herschman is getting back at Haymon stealing Stevenson and ruining the Kovalev plan by putting on a fight the same night. Damn, gotta admit thats a fine FU to haymon/showtime/stevenson.

Comment

Yea, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Nelson-Lee as like the opener on a 4 fight card but no way should that be a part of any two fight card or even the opener of a 3 fight card would be a stretch.

Them picking up Glazkov wouldn't be a bad move as it would set up some fights, but I will never be able to get that Scott fight out of my head in relation to him so he will be meh to me for a long while.

The more I read about HBO's current state just makes me shake my head and thinking "wtf has happened here". It is as if someone wants to run HBO boxing into the ground~

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                    looks like herschman is getting back at Haymon stealing Stevenson and ruining the Kovalev plan by putting on a fight the same night. Damn, gotta admit thats a fine FU to haymon/showtime/stevenson.
                    If HBO wants, they could put on a decent show for less money than Stevenson's purse.

This Nelson/Lee business is B.S though. Hope Lou is just talking. Would rather see Stevens/Lee

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Yea, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Nelson-Lee as like the opener on a 4 fight card but no way should that be a part of any two fight card or even the opener of a 3 fight card would be a stretch.

Them picking up Glazkov wouldn't be a bad move as it would set up some fights, but I will never be able to get that Scott fight out of my head in relation to him so he will be meh to me for a long while.

The more I read about HBO's current state just makes me shake my head and thinking "wtf has happened here". It is as if someone wants to run HBO boxing into the ground~
                      HBO needs more HW, off the top of my head:

Jennings
                      Perez
                      Glazkov now
                      Adamek (if he hasn't retired, but only because he's M.E)
                      Ruiz

Might be more, I don't know

Comment

Working...
                      X