No announcement yet.

A Review of Bernard Hopkins PPV History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Then that means that Adonis is actually bringing in the numbers and not Hopkins, which defeats the whole purpose of fighting him and he could've just fought Kovalev instead.

Like I said, Hopkins just did a whopping 40k which was disputed by one poster who thought it was 20k. Where's all this money from Hopkins coming from?

He fights on PPV once every 4 years or so
    No,,, that just means Adonis is a more intriguing matchup...anyways what does that have to do width kovolev...

Hopkins brings more people than kovolev... Plain and simple

Fighters only call out the big pay days,that's why Floyd, Chavez, Hopkins are always called out, they bring the money

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      No,,, that just means Adonis is a more intriguing matchup...anyways what does that have to do width kovolev...

Fighters only call out the big pay days,that's why Floyd, Chavez, Hopkins are always called out, they bring the money
      What does that have to do with Kovalev? It means that Hopkins is bringing 40k fans to the table. That says nothing about being a star.

And no one really calls out Hopkins because he's HIGH Risk, LOW REWARD.

Hopkins doesn't belong in the same sentence as Chavez and FMJ. There's no financially high reward about Hopkins that was worth running to Showtime like Stevenson did.

Comment

Even though Kovalev doesn't hava a PPV under his belt, I don't think a Hopkins-Stevenson PPV beats a Kovalev-Stevenson PPV by much. Not enough to leave a network for at least.

I mean 40k which was possibly 20k?

Comment

What does that have to do with Kovalev? It means that Hopkins is bringing 40k fans to the table. That says nothing about being a star.

And no one really calls out Hopkins because he's HIGH Risk, LOW REWARD.

Hopkins doesn't belong in the same sentence as Chavez and FMJ. There's no financially high reward about Hopkins that was worth running to Showtime like Stevenson did.
          Froch ward Adonis, etc have all wanted a Hopkins fight...

Dawson vs Hopkins is a boring snooze feast and everyone knew it... Adonis will bring excitement and people will tune in to see if Hopkins has one more great fight in him

Comment

Even though Kovalev doesn't hava a PPV under his belt, I don't think a Hopkins-Stevenson PPV beats a Kovalev-Stevenson PPV by much. Not enough to leave a network for at least.

Both fights would bring viewers, and both would be financially successful but Hopkins is more of a sure bet to bring the most eyeballs...

Comment

Froch ward Adonis, etc have all wanted a Hopkins fight...

Dawson vs Hopkins is a boring snooze feast and everyone knew it... Adonis will bring excitement and people will tune in to see if Hopkins has one more great fight in him
              Hopkins brings excitement???

Are you serious?

His most exciting fight in the last 10 years outside of Calzaghe was against Murat and that was only because Hopkins knew Murat couldn't hurt him so he exchanged with him.

Other than that, Hopkins main goal is to hold, headbutt, and slow down his opponents punch output while rarely throwing punches himself. It's genius/boring, don't get me wrong, but FAR FAR from exciting my friend.
              Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-26-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with this. People have never really wanted to pay to see BHop and he has had a chip on his shoulder for 15 or so years because of it. A Hopkins-Stevenson PPV would only marginally outsell a Kovalev-Stevenson PPV (undercard would be somewhat important also).

Comment

Hopkins brings excitement???

Are you serious?

His most exciting fight in the last 10 years outside of Calzaghe was against Murat and that was only because Hopkins knew Murat couldn't hurt him so he exchanged with him.

Other than that, Hopkins main goal is to hold, headbutt, and slow down his opponents punch output while rarely throwing punches himself. It's genius/boring, don't get me wrong, but FAR FAR from exciting my friend.
                  Reread my post,, I said Adonis brings excitement not Hopkins...

Comment

Reread my post,, I said Adonis brings excitement not Hopkins...
                    Oh ok, my bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      I have to agree with this. People have never really wanted to pay to see BHop and he has had a chip on his shoulder for 15 or so years because of it. A Hopkins-Stevenson PPV would only marginally outsell a Kovalev-Stevenson PPV (undercard would be somewhat important also).
                      I mean Hopkins has been nothing but a spoiler since I can remember, not a PPV star.

Comment

Working...
                      X