Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Maidana have to use dirty tactics in order to beat Mayweather?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
    And when Floyd returns the favor, I don't to any whining from you fanboys (the Ortiz match).
    maidana isn't ortiz, he aint apologizing or kissing.

Comment

Every sport is fixed. Don't be shocked at the possibility of boxing being fixed. :*******:

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs Away! View Post
        You think there's "evidence?" Aren't you taking into consideration that the powers-that-be are very good at covering their tracks?

The "evidence" is using your brain -- putting two and two together.

As long as Mayweather is undefeated, Showtime has to cough up a pretty penny ... You see, Mayweather has a guaranteed minimum of millions and millions, so long as he has his zero. It's called a guaranteed purse. Plus he's getting pay-per-view dollars.

Doesn't it make sense to give Maidana an extra chunk of change to go in sparring mode instead of going full blast? Yes, it does. And for anyone saying that Maidana has more financial incentive to win -- because he would make more money in future fights -- is not taking into consideration that Maidana will get a percentage of Mayweather's future purses if he plays ball! That's free money! He doesn't have to even fight to get some of that dough!

Boxing is the prostitute of sports, my friend. It's pro wrestling with boxing gloves. Their mentality is, "Fool the public. Pull the wool over their eyes. Milk 'em for as much as we can. Let's keep this money train going."

Maidana is no fool. He wants a piece of the pie, and he is certainly entitled to some as long as everything goes according to plan.

The man has been boxing since 2004, and he has a brutal style that takes its toll. Now is his time to cash out. He's got a ticket to the Mayweather/Al Haymon money train!

This is silly.

Maidana has too much honor and pride to do all that. He's coming to fight!

Comment

I think Chino should make it a fight, not a sparring match. Keep things always hostile towards his rival. He shouldnt bathe in dirt but kick up a little dust sure.

Comment

You think there's "evidence?" Aren't you taking into consideration that the powers-that-be are very good at covering their tracks?

The "evidence" is using your brain -- putting two and two together.

As long as Mayweather is undefeated, Showtime has to cough up a pretty penny ... You see, Mayweather has a guaranteed minimum of millions and millions, so long as he has his zero. It's called a guaranteed purse. Plus he's getting pay-per-view dollars.

Doesn't it make sense to give Maidana an extra chunk of change to go in sparring mode instead of going full blast? Yes, it does. And for anyone saying that Maidana has more financial incentive to win -- because he would make more money in future fights -- is not taking into consideration that Maidana will get a percentage of Mayweather's future purses if he plays ball! That's free money! He doesn't have to even fight to get some of that dough!

Boxing is the prostitute of sports, my friend. It's pro wrestling with boxing gloves. Their mentality is, "Fool the public. Pull the wool over their eyes. Milk 'em for as much as we can. Let's keep this money train going."

Maidana is no fool. He wants a piece of the pie, and he is certainly entitled to some as long as everything goes according to plan.

The man has been boxing since 2004, and he has a brutal style that takes its toll. Now is his time to cash out. He's got a ticket to the Mayweather/Al Haymon money train!

If boxing is fixed, why keep supporting it? Heck, why even comment in boxing forums if it's fixed all the way through? Makes no sense to be wasting time watching it if "the fix is in".

In fact, if it's fixed why have a pic of Maidana in your avi? In the hopes that Maidana "breaks his 'take a dive' agreement" and beats Floyd, to show the world that even in a fixed match some boxers can be dissenters?

Why not stick to watching the WWE and WWF instead?

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
              Every sport is fixed. Don't be shocked at the possibility of boxing being fixed. :*******:
              This guy gets it. Congratulations for not following the herd or going along with the hivemind.

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              This is silly.

Maidana has too much honor and pride to do all that. He's coming to fight!
              Why don't you think Robert Guerrero has fought yet? He got a cut of the Mayweather-Canelo pie; that's why. Free money for playing ball.

However...

I hope you are right, but I will be watching Mayweather-Maidana with an eyebrow raised. I know what El Chino is capable of, and if I see anything less I know he took the money.

Hopefully as Maidana is in the ring with Mayweather he thinks,

"You know what? I have enough money. **** this."

Then throws an overhand right on Mayweather's chin.

It would be beautiful.

...but there's some ugliness in this sport. Fixed fights are real. Trying to pretend they don't exist is ignorant and foolish.
              Last edited by Bombs Away!; 03-27-2014, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                If boxing is fixed, why keep supporting it?
                You're acting as if everything is in absolutes. You have a black-and-white mentality, totally ignoring the gray area.

Not all fights are fixed, e.g. Garcia-Matthysse, Trinidad-Vargas, etc.

But some are, especially when there's a lot of money on the line. In Mayweather's case, there's millions of dollars in future fights.

Don't be a fool. Open your eyes. Think critically. Boxing is not a pure sport.

In fact, if it's fixed why have a pic of Maidana in your avi? In the hopes that Maidana "breaks his 'take a dive' agreement" and beats Floyd, to show the world that even in a fixed match some boxers can be dissenters?

Why not stick to watching the WWE and WWF instead?

I like Maidana. He's a real fighter. People call him names like flat footed and whatever. But make no mistake about it he's a real fighter. You have to be special to become a legitimate two-time world champion in two different weight classes with the kind of style that Chino has.

Boxing is WWE... They have unproven hypejobs that they try to force feed to the public, e.g. Canelo, Broner. I like Maidana because he made his own path by thoroughly beating hypejobs. The promoters never wanted Maidana because he doesn't have a next-level fanbase. Maidana legitimately earned everything he's got.

Comment

Maidana needs to use voodoo to have a chance of beating Mayweather.

Comment

You're acting as if everything is in absolutes. You have a black-and-white mentality, totally ignoring the gray area.

Not all fights are fixed, e.g. Garcia-Matthysse, Trinidad-Vargas, etc.

But some are, especially when there's a lot of money on the line. In Mayweather's case, there's millions of dollars in future fights.

Don't be a fool. Open your eyes. Think critically. Boxing is not a pure sport.

I like Maidana. He's a real fighter. People call him names like flat footed and whatever. But make no mistake about it he's a real fighter. You have to be special to become a legitimate two-time world champion in two different weight classes with the kind of style that Chino has.

Boxing is WWE... They have unproven hypejobs that they try to force feed to the public, e.g. Canelo, Broner. I like Maidana because he made his own path by thoroughly beating hypejobs. The promoters never wanted Maidana because he doesn't have a next-level fanbase. Maidana legitimately earned everything he's got.
                    Are you new to boxing or something? You sound like a stupid WWE fan or something. Is it that hard to believe that Floyd is that much better than all the people he faced? Why is that so far fetched. Floyd has been dominating fighters his whole career. Are you saying even his earlier fights were fixed? Before he even became a valuable "investment" as you put it.
                    If you are correct, then it makes sense that he started fixing fights post-De La Hoya because that's when he started generating PPV numbers. But if that was the case, then why did he dominate De La Hoya, Judah, Corrales-all arguably more skilled than any fighter you claim threw their fight with floyd? Pull your head out of your ass man.

Comment

Just go in there n rough him up, no one cares about Mayweather lol

Comment

Working...
                      X