Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Maidana have to use dirty tactics in order to beat Mayweather?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I know there's corruption in boxing. But I don't think Mayweather's fights are fixed. Sorry.
    You are one of the few unbias posters on this site

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
      People have went to jail for fixing fight. If it was widely known by the execs at HBO or Showtime that Al Haymon was fixing fights, they wouldn't just keep their mouths shut and step aside. Especially HBO.

People act like **** like this wouldn't get out. Who do you think Threw the fight against Mayweather? Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, DLH, Cotto. These guys are all essentially HOF'ers and respected in the sport. You think AL Haymon somehow talked them into throwing the fight. Be real.
      The Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero, and Canelo fights were all fixed.

Mosley wobbles Mayweather and has the "Oh, ****. I ****ed up" face. The I-wasn't-supposed-to-do-that face. After that round Mosley backed off.

Comment

Originally posted by tyshun30 View Post
        Everyone's biased to a degree regarding some issues, its impossible to be 100% objective all the time.

But I try to be as objective as I could.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
          Maidana needs to use the Ricky Hatton strategy of roughing up Floyd. It is his best chance of winning.

If the fight gets dirty and Money responds then so be it,absolutely.

Hatton's footspeed allowed him to get inside to use the wrestling tactics only to find out he was the inferior inside fighter. Maidana doesn't have the foot speed to close the distance on Mayweather enough to bother him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Floyd has generated an unprecedented hatred from many people on this site that I'll never quite understand. Not saying that Floyd doesn't deserve any negative criticism, but every issue about him has been beaten to death and back to life to death again thousands of times over.
            Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            I find a great amount of postings on the "Floyd issue" as being highly superfluous...

I wonder why people concentrate so much on those things.
            Only because there was no Floyd vs Manny fight?

The irony is that the Anti-Floyd fans go on and on about 'Flo-Mos' and whatnot. But within a day, there's rarely a thread made that praises Floyd's accomplishments. Instead, it's the complete opposite usually. There's many threads that aren't even about Floyd, and the discussion ends up criticizing Floyd somehow on top of that.

Comment

Depends on what you consider dirty. If by dirty you mean roughing up a fighter in the clinch, staying inside, and and throwing borderline low shots to the body then yes. If by dirty tactics you mean blatant rule breaking like intentional rabbit punches, forearm blows, low blows, and hitting before/after the opening/ending bells, then no.

Comment

Originally posted by tyshun30 View Post
                Because he's an Admin...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Because he's an Admin...
                  I am not an Administrator, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    The irony is that the Anti-Floyd fans go on and on about 'Flo-Mos' and whatnot. But within a day, there's rarely a thread made that praises Floyd's accomplishments. Instead, it's the complete opposite usually. There's many threads that aren't even about Floyd, and the discussion ends up criticizing Floyd somehow on top of that.
                    What the obsessed detractors don't realize is that they're just as bad as the flomos, only they're on the opposite end of the spectrum. Its extreme love vs. extreme hate.

Comment

Of course he has to be dirty to win. He isn't going to win a straight forward fight with Mayweather. He has to be gritty and dirty and always stay on Floyd at all times. The problem is that Maidana is somewhat of a dirty fighter but not in a bad way. I mean he isn't Ortiz dirty but he is still a sneaky fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X