Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys have 0 business sense period

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Larry why is it ALWAYS business first with you?

The best should fight the best in their respective weight class; what has changed?

I understand boxing is a business; but it's also a SPORT

Comment

smart business move for stevenson. It's always good to link up w/ al higgity hayon.

Comment

OP supports a fighter who (quoting his former best friend) "walked away from 100 million, just left it there on the table" and wants to talk about business sense. Where was the sense in that?

Anyway, Kovalev payday > Fonfara payday - no business sense in that either.

You can argue a Hopkins payday is bigger but it's highly debatable as Kovalev-Stevenson was the most anticipated fight of the year.

Guess health came first for Adonis.

Comment

HBO want the Kovalev fight which he could make now.

I'm sure it'd pay more money than whatever bum he's going to fight on Showtime.

So yeah, great business sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            OP supports a fighter who (quoting his former best friend) "walked away from 100 million, just left it there on the table" and wants to talk about business sense. Where was the sense in that?

Anyway, Kovalev payday > Fonfara payday - no business sense in that either.

You can argue a Hopkins payday is bigger but it's highly debatable as Kovalev-Stevenson was the most anticipated fight of the year.

Guess health came first for Adonis.
            I wonder how their budget is, because they're putting on a couple of triple headers by then.

Stevenson said he wants a ton of money.... Showtime beat out what HBO was offering. So either it wasn't that much, or they want to go balls deep to get him.

As for Kovalev, I feel like a payday would've been easier to negotiate....well, seeing as they already had one in place.

Hopkins wants money too, so I think he'll be wanting more than Kovalev wouldn't wanted. Hope they're not planning a PPV so both men get paid.... the last one ended horribly

Comment

This thread ****ing sucks Larry. Seriously.

Comment

did you even read the article larry? HBO want to do stevenson/fonfara if stevenson agreed to fight kovalev after, but there is no assurance and they ask for a significant amount increase for the fonfara fight.
                Last edited by Pain~Lucy; 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Good business move.. Get paid while also getting a reason to avoid kovolev

Comment

Yea besides, Stevenson a slick bruva. He get da benefit of da doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      You realize there is a thread on this you imbecile? A thread you JUST commented in?
                      shut up b1tch

Comment

Working...
                      X