No announcement yet.

Jose Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Benavidez

Don't miss his fight on Saturday, this kid is sharp. 4 rounds max!

Future welterweight star after the Mayweather generation.

People have been saying this for like 5 years, including me, and he hasn't moved up in competition the whole time.

Comment

I used to think the kid was the truth a few years ago too.. Now though looks like the kid is the illegitimate son of Amir Khan and Gary Russell Jr!

He's hugely inactive, has not stepped up his level of competition sufficiently to warrant his skill level and seems to have a glass chin too so I'm not so hopeful! He could be a belt holder in the future it's possible, Kendal Holt did it, but I don't see him as a future P4P contender!

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
        Don't miss his fight on Saturday, this kid is sharp. 4 rounds max!

Future welterweight star after the Mayweather generation.
        I swear I saw this guy fight on an undercard on showtime like 6 years ago. he was like 17 tho. dont tell me he still doing 4 rounders. he use to train with roach

Comment

Fragile hands, weak chin, and a team that is frightened to death of pitting him in with any fighter with a heart beat. He aint it!

Comment

I thought Benavidez's inactivity was from an injury? i'm not entirely sure. I like Benavidez as a prospect though, hope to see him step up the activity and quality of fights in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Rope_Burns
              I thought Benavidez's inactivity was from an injury? i'm not entirely sure. I like Benavidez as a prospect though, hope to see him step up the activity and quality of fights in 2014.
              Bad hand(s)

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Was my fav prospect, moved on to Verjedo and Lomachenko

Comment

This guy is not the good he doesnt seem to have a chin, I still remeber that one undercard fight he was going to get KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer
                    This guy is not the good he doesnt seem to have a chin, I still remeber that one undercard fight he was going to get KO'd
                    It was late in the fight. Uncharted waters for him. It looked to me it was more due to fatigue than his "chin". I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X