Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Harris Shock Paez, Rodriguez Wins Belt, Eye Candy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Harris Shock Paez, Rodriguez Wins Belt, Eye Candy

Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico - Francisco Rodriguez Jr. had the benefit of hometown advantage, but his 10th round stoppage win over previously unbeaten Merlito Sabillo in Monterrey still serves as one of the biggest shockers of the year to this point. A pair of knockdowns in round two set the tone for Rodriguez Jr., whose lone notable fight prior to Saturday was a knockout loss to former two-divison champ Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez last October.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow, good for Vivian Harris. Still dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      I don't think this makes Harris "dangerous" but I'm glad to see him win. There was a lot of outcry about him getting licensed for this fight and I can understand that. But if this is the only way he knows how to make money then you just have to let the man do what he wants to do.

Comment

Crazy. You go from not being medically cleared to winning a decision in Mexico vs a Mexican (not trying to say Mexico is a bad a place for decisions). Congrats to Harris and good job by the judges.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -GBGQ-
          Quote:

Originally Posted by NachoMan

I don't think this makes Harris "dangerous" but I'm glad to see him win. There was a lot of outcry about him getting licensed for this fight and I can understand that. But if this is the only way he knows how to make money then you just have to let the man do what he wants to do.
          This is wrong. Idk what the problem was but if something wasn't right why would they let him fight? This is another human's life. And if something happened the commission would have to deal with the consequences.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -GBGQ- View Post
            Yeah, it doesn't make him a world beater, but his record shows that you can never really write him off.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              To himself

Comment

[QUOTE=.:: JSFD26 ::.;14355140]Crazy. You go from not being medically cleared to winning a decision in Mexico vs a Mexican (not trying to say Mexico is a bad a place for decisions). Congrats to Harris and good job by the judges.

The fact the judges didn't have to "favor" the local is something great especially in a close fight. It gives hope showing there are only few places where visiting fighters get deprived of deserved victories that erroneously (or maliciously) are given to the local fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X