Just Re-Watched Leonard-Duran 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

SRL fought Duran's fight trying to prove something to himself, the media and the fans, but lost. You can't fight an ATG in the style he is great at and perfected.

SRL fought his fight in the rematch, and we saw all know, Duran said 'No Mas', because he couldn't fight SRL's fight either. He was frustrated. IMO SRL beats Duran 9 out of 10 times, losing the first time every time they meet for the first time, if that makes sense. In 10 universes, SRL will always lose the first time cause he'll want to prove something every time, but then learn from his mistake and not give Duran that same opportunity again the rest of the 9 fights.

Comment

You may be right, Mayweather might run and pitter patter his way to a victory. And if you think that THAT was what was important in THAT PARTICULAR fight then you're a f.uckin idiot beyond belief. That fight wasn about just winning (which is all a p.ussy like Mayweather can relate to, just a pathetic "w" on paper.) That fight was about WAR, who was the bigger man, with the bigger nuts. Something that a p.ussy like Mayweather can't relate to.

Peace!

Comment

Yuppp Leonard lost trying to outman the manliest WW of that era. Duran was a bravado filled beast of a man. A mans man. Everyman wishes inside that they felt the way about themselves as we all thought about Duran at that time. Hot headed dont give a fcuk, fight you anywhere anytime and beat your @$$ type of man. Leonard was not that and tried to be and for it he paid. But 9 times out of 10 Leonard would be beat Duran. Love Little Hands of Stone but let's be realistic. The rematch says all there is to discuss regarding the level of boxing ability between the two men. If you had seen the 2nd fight before the first there is no way you would have thought that Duran would have ever been able to beat Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

IMO SRL beats Duran 9 out of 10 times, losing the first time every time they meet for the first time, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                You may be right, Mayweather might run and pitter patter his way to a victory.
                Exactly, to a victory. No matter how you slice it, you said it, "To a victory". A "win". Let that sink in for a minute before you reply.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  I'm drinking whiskey, it sounded good in my head

I had "universes" and space in my head, from reading the universe threads in the lounge, so I tried to relate in NSB.

If Leonard and Duran meet 10 times over and over again, with every first time resetting, like they never fought each other. SRL will always lose that first time trying to play macho man role and fight Duran's fight, and then adjust the rest of the 9 times.

Comment

I'm drinking whiskey, it sounded good in my head

I had "universes" and space in my head, from reading the universe threads in the lounge, so I tried to relate in NSB.

If Leonard and Duran meet 10 times over and over again, with every first time resetting, like they never fought each other. SRL will always lose that first time trying to play macho man role and fight Duran's fight, and then adjust the rest of the 9 times.
                    It makes sense. I'm not sure I agree, but it makes sense.

Comment

Exactly, to a victory. No matter how you slice it, you said it, "To a victory". A "win". Let that sink in for a minute before you reply.
                      You forgot to highlight "run" and if getting a paper felt W is your style , and being the paper champ is your style , and being called essentially a b.itch for the most part of your career (hypothetically) then more power to you.

Leonard wasn't looking for a "victory" he wanted to beat Durans ass, like I said Mayweather doesn't know nothing about that ****.

You can have your "victories." And if you pretend like you don't know wtf I'm talking about..... Then you might be a little slow.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X