No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Herrera: Loser…AND NEW Uncrowned Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Hey, Showtime even skewed the punchstat numbers. No way it was that close. Pauli alluded to it. Herrera needs a Peterson fight now, or something similar. I think he could school him as much if not more than he did Garcia.
    There were a lot of people who felt it was close. Robert Garcia said he thought it was a close one and would've scored it 7 to 5 for Herrera.

Comment

I hope he gets a chance to be officially crowned. The fans know who won that fight.

Comment

I was a big fan of Danny prior to this fight, but he really unimpressed me with his lack of skill that fight. I mean all fighters have bad days, so perhaps this was the case. Now im starting to wonder that the fight with Lucas was luck and fluke. Im still a fan, but i def see his huge flaws and lack of ring smart.

Comment

All hail the people's champ!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cnota21 View Post
            I was a big fan of Danny prior to this fight, but he really unimpressed me with his lack of skill that fight. I mean all fighters have bad days, so perhaps this was the case. Now im starting to wonder that the fight with Lucas was luck and fluke. Im still a fan, but i def see his huge flaws and lack of ring smart.
            Well that's a shame. I don't think you really understand the dynamics of the sport. Herrera is a very awkward fighter. He has a style ever increasingly hard to figure out. There are fighters who it's infinitely hard to llok good against. He's one of those fighters.

For example: Emmanuel Stewart touched on this with Winky/Mosley. With Mosley being a star and Winky virtually unknown with a style hard to beat. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              You don't see Danny saying jack shhh about Herrera...his pops is doing all the talking and there is a biggggg reason for that. They know they lost, they may not say it publicly but he got booed in front of his mom and siblings after all that fanfare about coming home to P.R. Garcia is looking like chum for the sharks right now..don't go the Lucas route..go the Mauricio route. He took away most of Danny's power that night and there wasn't much else behind the kid.
              Danny doesn't do any talking any way though. His pops is always the one yapping. And fans booed cuz he didn't deserve the victory, they kept it a buck.

Originally posted by Fooliun_Smaxon View Post
              it was a terrible decision. 9-3 Herrera, verging on a schooling. I demand a rematch.
              7-5, stop trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnota21 View Post
                He had an off night n tagged up. Simple!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  He lost bro. That doesn't mean he won't have the chance to crack the 140lb top 5 again.

Fantastic article, by the way. Just telling it how it is, gotta respect that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cnota21

Garcia is the king of off nights. Off night vs Morales, Judah, Herrera and Theophane. And struggled vs a one eyed opponent who was low blowed to death.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Btw anyone who is preaching about how Danny just having a bad showing is either bias and/or didn't see the boxing lesson Amir Khan was teaching him before his infamous glass chin happened.

Danny Garcia hasn't shown me anything but solid power and a solid chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X