No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez: Mike Alvarado Will Be Dangerous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJB View Post
    It's a pretty obvious tune up fight, guys. Get with it.

I think this is honestly a stupid route for Marquez. Sure, he'll probably knock Alvarado out, but he's too old to be chasing the Pac/Bradley winner at this point. The fact that he has to drastically scale back his training does not bode well for his chances moving forward, and he didn't look like a young fighter in his last fight.
    Likar Ramos and Fedchenko are tune-up fights.

Comment

I don't get how some posters think that Marquez is going to KO Alvarado. Mike only has two losses; Rios and Provodnikov, both of whom he fought galantly. He managed to defeat Rios convincingly in a rematch. Those two are beasts who have never been stopped. Marquez wouldn't dare fight either one of them. Alvarado is bigger than Marquez, has a 2" height, 2.5" reach and 7 year age advantage. He is also tough and battle-tested. As some have suggested, if Marquez can't juice up, he won't be able to do much to Alvarado. I hope they have VADA testing for this fight, and don't allow Marquez to weasle out of it like he did for the Bradley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Marquez didn't want Manny, but it seems Arum has convinced him. How did you miss that? And when Ruslan asked for Rios, it was Arum who said Rios can't make weight, not Rios. Rios wants the fight. I guess you missed that too. Don't just be a fan, get your game up!
        If Marquez doesnt want to fight Pac again Arum cant do **** about it. He either likes the money offered or a chance at that 5th belt, fortunately for us boxing fans.

Rios barely made welter last time around. Its the promoters job not to make fights where one guy is guaranteed not to make the weight, since theyll be part of the fallout

Comment

Taste Great, Less Filling

What Marquez is saying is he'll be drinking less of his urine this time & drink more of Nacho's pee.

Comment

Ruslan really got the short end on this one. Winner to face the winner of Pac/Bradley. Talk about getting skipped over.

Comment

Would love to be privy to the demographics of NSB threads with JMM as their subject or any part of the headline or article.

I don't get all the freaking out that goes on anytime his name is mentioned. I can only surmise that it is residual butthurt from KTFO6. That **** seems to have a longer half life than nuclear fallout.

Having said that, Alvarado is no termater can. Aside from a decent resume for a good (did not say elite) fighter, he has 2 to 4 inch height advantage and has many less miles on him. As a comeback fight, anybody says they haven't seen much worse is either a rank noob or is lying.

Also, I don't see Marquez trying to sell Alvarado as some world-beater. More like he's paying respect to his opponent, as well as his own age and wear, by publicly recognizing that Alvarado can earn a win here. That Mike will be dangerous to him(JMM).

Finally, as a big Marquez fan, he is beginning to enter B-Hop land; his long ,great and entertaining career plus passing 40 years old has earned him my boxing dollar regardless who he chooses to fight.

JMM has earned pretty much carte-blanche with me.

That's it. Logic drill has concluded. You may all carry on carrying on.

Comment

if marquez really think about a dangerous fighter he should have taken ruslan

marquez know alvarado got soften thats why he choosed him

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  I don't get how some posters think that Marquez is going to KO Alvarado. Mike only has two losses; Rios and Provodnikov, both of whom he fought galantly. He managed to defeat Rios convincingly in a rematch. Those two are beasts who have never been stopped. Marquez wouldn't dare fight either one of them. Alvarado is bigger than Marquez, has a 2" height, 2.5" reach and 7 year age advantage. He is also tough and battle-tested. As some have suggested, if Marquez can't juice up, he won't be able to do much to Alvarado. I hope they have VADA testing for this fight, and don't allow Marquez to weasle out of it like he did for the Bradley fight.
                  Whather or not Marquez wants to fight Prov or Rios is completely irrelevant. Alvarado has been stopped twice and doesn't have great defense. Marquez is a sharp shooter counter-puncher with serious power. That = likely knock out. Not hard to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Likar Ramos and Fedchenko are tune-up fights.
                    Okay, so this is a stiff tune up, or a showcase. Whatever you want to call it, this is clearly a bout meant to get Marquez back on track. Arum doesn't see Alvarado getting back to the top and I don't blame him.

Comment

As dangerous as Alvarado may be, imagine how much more dangerous Provo would have been.

Comment

Working...
                      X