Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't GBP making any good fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime is supposed to be making truckloads of money off of Mayweather fights. Where is the money? Regular fights for Showtime subscribers are slow to come. All they focused on are PPVs. Let's set things straight. PPVs will kill boxing. Fighters will want to fight less often. If you've noticed, they all want to price themselves out when the opponent has a name. They're becoming Money Mayweathers.

Comment

I have been very please with Gbp recently. Not sure what you are upset about. 2013 was an awesome year of fights. 2014 barely even started

Comment

It just seems like there are no fights on the horizon. I mean we're getting fed Paulie-Porter, interesting fight yes, but could we have something better, most definitely yes.

Comment

Because you all sucked the GBP peepeee for so long now they feel like they own you.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            2013 and 2014(partially)

Maidana-Broner
            Mayweather-Canelo
            Lara-Angulo
            Canelo-Angulo
            Trout(AH) - Lara
            Garcia-Matthysse
            Canelo-Trout
            Khan-Collazo
            Matthysse-Peterson
            Alexander-Porter
            Charlo-Rosado

Rumored:
            Canelo-Lara
            Santa-Cruz-Frampton(non GBP)
            D. Garcia-Peterson(possible)

GBP afraid of doing what?
            Thread should have been ended on the 2nd post to it. Some people just like to say stuff without thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
              I mean there's so many good fights to be made from 140-147. But what have we got on the horizon, Paulie-Porter, I mean not exactly setting the world a light is it?

Peterson, Khan, Broner, Thurman, Matthyse, Guerrero, Alexander all haven't been given opponents. There's so many good fights that can be made.

I think GBP are hesitant to match their fighters together. Which is why we're seeing fights like karass-Thurman paulie-porter possibly khan-callazo when we should be seeing fights like Danny Garcia-Peterson khan-broner Thurman-Guerrero and so on and so forth. Heck, Ortiz should be made as a gate keeper.
              I think their trying to serve two masters at the same time ... You can't protect a fighter and at the same time build them up to be stars. One side of the equation has to give.

Comment

It's March you crybaby. What fights do you wanna see?

Comment

Why is Espinoza not doing business with other promoters? Why is Gamboa can't even get near Showtime's doorstep? The guy is no longer with Arum. What is this rift between 50 cent and Haymon/Schaefer got to do with Showtime?

Remember when Gamboa called out Broner?

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
                    Wilder vs Scott was for the ages
                    yeah I had my popcorn ready

Comment

Golden Girls is letting the so-called deep division rot away. Alexander vs Khan didn't happen because of Schaefer's/Haymon's fear of Khan losing. Khan would have knocked down soft puncher Alexander with an excruciating body shot, and would have had a title to challenge Money Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X