No announcement yet.

Why aren't GBP making any good fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
    You didnt say 2014. Anyway we are 2 and a half months into the year. Some of the names you mentioned turned down fights with other. Noone wants thurman. Ghost wants out. Broner nd Khan heading to different divsions. Porter defending against paulie isnt bad considering whats next for him after if he wins. Be patient..
    Who the hell is afraid of Thurman? No one has mentioned that except Schafer and he is using it as an excuse to keep putting Thurman in the ring with D-class stiffs. Guerrero turned down a Thurman fight because Schafer was not willing to pay him the minimum guarantee listed in his contract, not because he is scared of Keith "the D-Class Conqueror" Thurman.

Comment

They can't just make any fight because they promote both fighters. Both fighters have to agree to fight each other. A fight with Thurman has bean offered and turned down by other Golden Boy fighters because Thurman is dangerous. I heard Guerrero turned down Thurman and possibly Khan, Porter, Alexander, Paulie and others have turned down a Thurman fight.

Comment

It is certainly possible that Guerrero and others could have turned down a Thurman fight because the money offered was low. Unless you know all the facts it's impossible to say why a fight didn't happen and nobody is obligated to tell the fans all the facts and details.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Who the hell is afraid of Thurman? No one has mentioned that except Schafer and he is using it as an excuse to keep putting Thurman in the ring with D-class stiffs. Guerrero turned down a Thurman fight because Schafer was not willing to pay him the minimum guarantee listed in his contract, not because he is scared of Keith "the D-Class Conqueror" Thurman.
          According to Schaefer, he never offered money below the minimum guarantee Guerrero wanted. And honestly, I believe it. Guerrero hounded Golden Boy for years to take him seriously and to put him in a position to fight Mayweather. He got the shot and what does he do afterwards? Because Arum dangled the Pacquiao carrot?

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            According to Schaefer, he never offered money below the minimum guarantee Guerrero wanted. And honestly, I believe it. Guerrero hounded Golden Boy for years to take him seriously and to put him in a position to fight Mayweather. He got the shot and what does he do afterwards? Because Arum dangled the Pacquiao carrot?
            He probably wouldn't touch Thurman for near his minimum, that's for tuneup/low risk fights. Though I'm not sure what's low risk for Guerrero at welter

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
              Why aren't GBP making any good fights?
              Because they don't have the money to fund such fights. They're laser-focused on funding extremely expensive Mayweather fights, which are supposed to bring truckloads of money. That seems to be not the case.

Comment

Where is Golden Girl's so-called deep division at 140 and 147? Why are most of them on a long lay off? Believe me, if these were TR fighters, fans would see non-PPV fights every weekend on HBO. That's why I'm pissed as a Showtime subscriber. I have to wait for loooong stretches of time to see regular fights. Espinoza needs to be fired. He was hired to attract subscribers, not PPV buyers.

Comment

Where, where is the so-called "deep division?"

Why is Espinoza relied too much on GBP providing fights for Showtime?

Bump....

Comment

Is Espinoza hired to attract PPV buyers or Showtime subscribers? Can't wait to see this guy get fired. Matthysse, Guerrero, Alexander, Khan, Thurman, and many others in the so-called "deep division" are rarely seen. Most of these guys were built up or products of HBO funding with Haymon/GBP matchmaking manipulation. When it came time for HBO to reap the rewards Golden Girls handed them over to a rival network. I then started my Showtime subscription and I rarely see Bernstein, Kenny, et al. All they offer are PPVs, that have nothing to do with subscribers.

This Espinoza doesn't even work with other promoters. Team Schaefer/Haymon/Mayweather have been screwing this guy.

bump

Comment

Its March. That is all

Comment

Working...
                      X