Collapse
No announcement yet.

does boxing even need america anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does boxing even need america anymore?

With wLAD making 17 mill a fight and froch groves selling 80 000 in 40 minutes.Should we care about American boxing.

Theyre not producing much talent and there fights are horrendously fixed. Is it time for Europe and the rest of the world to form there own federation. And let the likes of these uncoordinated morons such as deontay Wilder miss ounces whilst scoring 1 round knock outs...

discuss

Top 10 P4P are from where?

Comment

As a first generation estadounidense, I am the first to say boxing can survive easily without the us, though I don't see boxing disappearing from the us either.

Comment

The P4P King is American...YOUR guys are trash that fight nobodies!

Comment

But without the U.S.A who is going to pay big money for mismatches like Wlad-Lepai and GGG-Adama?

Comment

We are still the biggest boxing market, so it is something like this "the US boxing game sneezes, the rest of the boxing world catches a cold".

The amount of capital the US puts in the boxing game can't replaced~ so while it may survive but it would radically alter the sport

Comment

Of course America is still important to boxing. Look at the level of competition, it is much better there than here in UK. I only watch Froch, Hayes and Khan here in UK. I'd probably never watch Klitscho fight again unless he looses.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                With wLAD making 17 mill a fight and froch groves selling 80 000 in 40 minutes.Should we care about American boxing.

Theyre not producing much talent and there fights are horrendously fixed. Is it time for Europe and the rest of the world to form there own federation. And let the likes of these uncoordinated morons such as deontay Wilder miss ounces whilst scoring 1 round knock outs...

discuss

Comment

HBO and Showtime dish out the most money, so no.

Comment

It must be quite galling for Andre Ward to see a guy who he beat quite convincingly making probably 3 times as much money as him.

Comment

Working...
                    X