No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Ponce De Leon Could Possibly Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    An overachiever and a half. Probably the slowest fighter to ever get a title, but he did that with timing and a hard nosed work ethic. Much respect to this Warrior. To think that he was outboxing Mares before getting careless, which is his main flaw, is pretty amazing. I think he could go on another streak if he wanted to but maybe he's had enough of the sport. I'll always be a fan.
    Definitely a overachiever and he has a really solid resume. Yes he looked like a guy that can't box but let's not forget he beat Broner and he went 12 with Gamboa not bad. Nobody can say he is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      ponce is a joke
      Broner is the biggest joke, especially since he barely made it passed through Ponce, who in many eyes won that fight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
        Definitely a overachiever and he has a really solid resume. Yes he looked like a guy that can't box but let's not forget he beat Broner and he went 12 with Gamboa not bad. Nobody can say he is a bum
        Yeah, he easily outboxed Broner - another GBP robbery. The Gamboa fight didn't go 12, was stopped due to a headbutt but it was impressive how Ponce avoided most of Gamboa's punches even though he was losing the fight, especially since the speed difference was so wide.

Comment

Juanma sending fighters into retirement. I wonder who juanma will retire next? Rigo? Nonito? Gamboa? lomachenko? russel jr? They can all get in line. THE RESURGENCE OF JUANMA!

Comment

Yeah he should retire. I've been a fan for years, but you can't be blowing a fight like that to a shot fighter and remain relevant. It's a pretty devastating and embarrassing loss. He's had a successful career. Best to move on.

Comment

It's going to be hard for Juanma to find another slow, wide swinging, awkward, top ten contender. There are a lot of titles around, though, I don't see why he can't fight TBA for one.

Comment

Ponce should not retire just yet. I think a fight with Travieso would be fireworks. A lot of respect for Ponce.

Comment

Yeah, he'll always have the Batista exposing though

Comment

good luck what ever PDL's decision is...we'll c what Lopez shows vs an elite, which PDL is not...

Comment

How crazy people is calling fighter "shot", after 3 loses against two boxers that could easily beat anyone at their weights (Salido and Mikey, who is a top 10 p4p fighter). Give the guy a break geez! Also, Ponce de Leon was too much for Juanma 3 days ago, now he's a shot fighter too. Fans fans fans...

Comment

Working...
                      X