Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Danny Garcia Stocks Drop after the fight with Herrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it did. This was bad matchmaking especially for his PR debut. They should of picked somebody like Antonio DeMarco or Pablo Cesar Cano that would bring the fight to him and give him counter opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      People don't forget robberies when the majority agrees, look at Bradley-Pacquiao for example.
      Bradley is doing just fine..He's made another 5 to 6 mill since fighting Pac..I also don't agree with that fight being a robbery...Like I said in my last post..The objective in prize fighting is to win..No matter if people don't like the way you do it..Winning is the main thing in this sport..

People calling this fight a robbery is a joke too btw..This further proves my point that a lot of people don't even know what a robbery looks like..If a fight is close there is no robbery really..This fight had a lot of close and hard to call rds..No way can I look at this and say it was a robbery with a straight face..

Comment

I just don't see how you could see it any other way than his stock dropping, even if you think he won or pulled off a draw he was still made to look very average. While Danny has skill he is essentially a left hooker and a guy too reliant on the left hook (from an orthodox stance) is pretty easy to deal with by guy who is focused on taking it away.

This isn't something new but it went much worse than ever before and makes it obvious to almost anyone.

Still even though his stock is down now, in one win it can go right back up especially if he fights someone credible that he can actually land his left hook on. Boxing fans are fickle like that~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I just don't see how you could see it any other way than his stock dropping, even if you think he won or pulled off a draw he was still made to look very average. While Danny has skill he is essentially a left hooker and a guy too reliant on the left hook (from an orthodox stance) is pretty easy to deal with by guy who is focused on taking it away.

This isn't something new but it went much worse than ever before and makes it obvious to almost anyone.

Still even though his stock is down now, in one win it can go right back up especially if he fights someone credible that he can actually land his left hook on. Boxing fans are fickle like that~
          Everyone won't be able to do what Herrera did..The way Herrera fought is also part of his fighters mentality..It's not really something taught..Everyone won't have this kinda success against Danny imo..

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

Agreed. He knocks Herrera out and the buzz for a Floyd fight in September is sky high and he makes a $3-5 million purse. That's not happening now. His stock went from earning $3-5 million in his next fight to having to prove himself at welterweight in another tough fight.

Comment

Yes.. A bad outing in a very close fight. Then again, it was at an ultimate high after his clear victory over Lucas. I aint mad at Danny. He's a good kid and I think, depending on his next opponent, can bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                Just like how the guy in your avatar looked bad against Trout, did he fall off? Danny is still young and had a bad night, it happens to the best boxers around. You people as boxing fans are a disgrace.
                Co Sign....

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Agreed. He knocks Herrera out and the buzz for a Floyd fight in September is sky high and he makes a $3-5 million purse. That's not happening now. His stock went from earning $3-5 million in his next fight to having to prove himself at welterweight in another tough fight.
                  IMO I don't believe Danny would have went after Floyd..Call me crazy but I think Garcia(meaning his team)knows that's not a good fight for him right now..Hell he could have landed the May fight after beating Matt's if that was the case..I think Garcia is focused on his own legacy..Which is why I don't believe for a sec his stock dropped..He just seen some holes that need plugging..He has to get to work on that..IMO his next fight should be Peterson(who I believe he'd beat)a sucker for a left hook..Yet skilled and respected enough to continue to get Danny the respect he's looking for..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Everyone won't be able to do what Herrera did..The way Herrera fought is also part of his fighters mentality..It's not really something taught..Everyone won't have this kinda success against Danny imo..
                    That is true, he could fight someone more highly thought of but that doesn't take away his left hook and his stock will be high again.

Still until he can make his straight right work in a way that at the very least keeps people honest in relation to his left hook there are guys that will give him issues. That is a real issue for him, and taking away a left hook is a fairly basic thing if he doesn't have the right hand to back it up.

It is correct though that not everyone can do that or would be able to do that.

Comment

Silly noob fickle casual fans.

No his "stock" didnt drop. He was in an ugly fight he didnt look good or interested. I think he over looked the guy. Its boxing it happens. Danny is a young fighter and will learn from this.

"Stock"

Comment

Working...
                      X