Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Malignaggi beats Garcia. What you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    I think Garcia has problems with boxers. As Dwyer would say he's a "mid-range hooker", that's all he really throws. Against brawlers like Morales and Matthysse, he can excel.

But the first two rounds against Amir Khan and against Herrera we see that fighters with a jab that throw straight punches give him problems.

I think he needs to stay away from boxers. Paulie would likely give him a lot of trouble.

I thought Herrera won the fight, but it is what it is.
    Though he beat them, I wouldn't say he excelled against them. Morales was faded by that point, but he did remain competitive in the first bout and it was because of his ring IQ. Even-though some like to pretend otherwise, Garcia barely beat Matts. DG will win his fair share of fights, but I think he'll rarely look impressive/dominant in victory.

Comment

Said it since day one. Paulie gives him fits.

Comment

who the fck is danny garcia gonna beat at 147? shoulda taken the mayweather fight, hes going to lose *AGAIN* very soon

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Though he beat them, I wouldn't say he excelled against them. Morales was faded by that point, but he did remain competitive in the first bout and it was because of his ring IQ. Even-though some like to pretend otherwise, Garcia barely beat Matts. DG will win his fair share of fights, but I think he'll rarely look impressive/dominant in victory.
          Yea that could be true. Danny is one of those fighters that has high IQ he can win fights without looking impressive. But that's against fighters who are are brawlers, or Khan who seems to have low IQ.

But we've seen instances, like against Ashley Theopane, Khan (first two rounds) and now Herrera that he's going to struggle with boxers.

So down the line we have to ask ourselves who can he beat?

Also I thought the Matthysse fight was close too. But I'm just making a general point.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
            Not if they fight in Puerto Rico.
            yup I agree not if they fight in that piece of shit place.

Comment

Did CJ ross replicate herself twice for the judging?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                Yea that could be true. Danny is one of those fighters that has high IQ he can win fights without looking impressive. But that's against fighters who are are brawlers, or Khan who seems to have low IQ.

But we've seen instances, like against Ashley Theopane, Khan (first two rounds) and now Herrera that he's going to struggle with boxers.

So down the line we have to ask ourselves who can he beat?

Also I thought the Matthysse fight was close too. But I'm just making a general point.
                I don't think there's a top fighter that we can say he'll definitely beat. He'll make for a lot of competitive match-ups, which is a good thing. I would like to see him vs. Guerrero especially.

I think anyone who's watched a few of Herrera's fights wasn't too surprised with how effective he was against Garcia. If there's anything to take away from tonight, it's that Herrera refuses to be an easy stepping stone for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                X