No announcement yet.

How did you score Garcia vs Herrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    Herrera got a gift against Ruslan. You've gone into full damage control mode.
    That was a close fight, but I don't think Herrera lost it. Certainly wasn't a gift as you say. Even Ruslan says that he screwed that fight up and got beaten fairly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Even Herrera thought the fight was close, given his post fight interview, though he felt he won. I could see a draw or a close Herrera win. ESPN had it 114-114, which is what I had.

Whatever. It's not a big deal.

Garcia should move up to 147 though. He should fight someone like Guerrero.
      It's a very big deal for Herrera. He should now be the unified 140 pound champion, with a career defining win over an undefeated top guy, a lifetime of training satisfied and worth it, with it all coming to fruition on a night that the only guy to beat him wasn't even in the ring fighting, but were people outside the ring with money and greed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        That was a close fight, but I don't think Herrera lost it. Certainly wasn't a gift as you say. Even Ruslan says that he screwed that fight up and got beaten fairly.
        Cos Ruslan doesn't make excuses. It was a close fight but Ruslan did more... look at Herrera's face after that one. Ruslan was more effective with his punches.

Comment

It's a very big deal for Herrera. He should now be the unified 140 pound champion, with a career defining win over an undefeated top guy, a lifetime of training satisfied and worth it, with it all coming to fruition on a night that the only guy to beat him wasn't even in the ring fighting, but were people outside the ring with money and greed.
          I meant among people here. People seem to relish Danny possibly losing more then Herrera possibly winning, Idk. I couldn't careless about either guy.

I thought the fight was close, I had a draw. I'm not the only one but also not the majority. But hey.

Comment

• Okay, which one of you did this?

Comment

• Today I learned jabs and body punches don't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushid***333; View Post
                I had it a draw.

I think a lot of close rounds..it's human nature to give it to the underdog. That's what I think most people did. 115-113, 113-115, 114-114 would be okay with me. Close fight all around.
                I agree with this..

Comment

• Originally posted by doubletake View Post
                  Okay, which one of you did this?

Damn straight. Robbery in green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    I agree with this..
                    I agree. I sure as hell didn't watch an Abril-Rios, Lara-Williams, Campillo-Cloud type schooling.

I had a draw.

Comment

True, which makes me feel pretty bad for Herrera, a blue collar fighter who's biggest purse before tonight was 30k and was working construction jobs not too long ago. Had he gotten the well deserved victory, this could have really changed his life around.

Comment

Working...
                      X