• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twrx View Post
    Lol ... estoy muy happido ..
    LMFAO!

Oh, man, that wasn't right....

Comment

He understands it, that's good. He also does know how to respond, he just gets stuck on the vocabulary, he doesn't know how to translate certain words into Spanish but in his head he knows what he wants to say and he comprehends Spanish. Same thing happens to me with the vocab but I speak it better than him. As I get older it gets better, but I sounded just like him in my teens and early 20s. I'm getting sharper with it now, I did it on my own basically. Dominicans always tell me I don't sound Dominican when I speak Spanish, I don't speak it like them lol, but it doesn't make me "not Dominican", i'm 100%.

Comment

Exchanging the "Rr" for an H is definitely a PR accent thing, he at least has that. When I went to a resort in DR with my family, we met this other PR family and would hang out together, the dad would use that "H" instead of "Rr".

Anyway, here is his dad for those that haven't heard him, he sounds 100% fluent.

Comment

I just hope he can do well during the in-ring post-fight interview

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Exchanging the "Rr" for an H is definitely a PR accent thing, he at least has that. When I went to a resort in DR with my family, we met this other PR family and would hang out together, the dad would use that "H" instead of "Rr".

Anyway, here is his dad for those that haven't heard him, he sounds 100% fluent.

Angel speaks it okay but mofo is still on that spanglish game... Danny is pretty bad to be honest. All bull **** aside his spanish is like the equivalent of paisa english. Tey qui risi!!!!

Comment

Well, you can understand the message that he's trying to get across, but his Spanish is far from being fluent. He definitely lacks the vocabulary, clean transitions, but he does possess the "Puerto Rican" accent, or more appropriately, the general butchering of the "R" sound.

In sum, Danny Garcia's Spanish sounds to me, like Alfredo Angulo's English sounds to you. That's probably the most appropriate and relevant comparison I can make to help you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

R for H? Are those fckers in NY doing that? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post
                  I do not speak Spanish and have no way of rating Danny's level of conversational Spanish. Some of the comments are quite critical and suggest his speaking skills are very basic. To those of you that speak Spanish, what is Danny saying in the video and does he deserve criticism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Twk1oHkfw

How do I insert a video into my message?
                  What a joke, his Spanish is just awful, he shouldnt even speak it if that's all he can do.
                  All of a sudden Danny wants to be Latino
                  This is the same guy that a few months ago was saying screw all Latinos, screw all foreigners, I'm American.

Comment

Originally posted by wahoo View Post
                    He did better than I expected
                    Yeah man WTF will all the haters have to say.. It's a skill that needs to be learned just like boxing was taught and learned. If he practices it, he'll be fine..IMO

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                      What a joke, his Spanish is just awful, he shouldnt even speak it if that's all he can do.
                      All of a sudden Danny wants to be Latino
                      This is the same guy that a few months ago was saying screw all Latinos, screw all foreigners, I'm American.
                      Money will change your mind...hahah

Comment

Working...
                      X