Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ain't nobody F'ing with Sergio Martinez!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's alot of new boxing fans here.
    So let me school you.

There are only 3 Undisputed champs in boxing.

Wlad & Vitali, count as the same....
    Sergio Martinez
    Andre Ward

To be a lineal champ, means that before you can say you RULE a weight class, to be the man, you have to beat the man ~ Ric Flair.

To be the best at Heavyweight you have to beat one of the Klits am I right?

To be the man at Super MW you have to beat Andre Ward am I right?

To be the man at Middleweight, regardless of how much noise GGG is making, you have to beat Sergio Martinez, period.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
      Not Mayweather, Canelo, Glovokin, Cotto, Pacquiao.

Martinez is undisputed MW champ of the world, the last undisputed MW champ hands down was Roy Jones Jr.

The only guy I would pick over him is Andre Ward. As the only reasonable sized opponent.

All hail Maravilla.
      Cool story bro! Just hope that Sergio doesn't drop his birthday cake vs lil Miguel Cotto.

Comment

So let me school you.

Sergio Martinez
        Andre Ward

To be a lineal champ, means that before you can say you RULE a weight class, to be the man, you have to beat the man ~ Ric Flair.

To be the man at Middleweight, regardless of how much noise GGG is making, you have to beat Sergio Martinez, period.
        To be undisputed, you have to hold all four alphabet belts. Martinez, Ward, and Klitchsko are not undisputed. They are, however, lineal, as are Rignodeaux, Garcia, Mayweather, Stevenson, and a few others I think.

Comment

So let me school you.

Sergio Martinez
          Andre Ward

Dude being recognized by 3 of the sanctioning bodies is undisputed. Lineal is not the same as undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
            I think being lineal does mean a lot because it signifies you beat the best fighter in the division. What untested lineal champions come to mind?
            in many cases it does

cory spinks and baldomir come to mind

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
              Dude being recognized by 3 of the sanctioning bodies is undisputed. Lineal is not the same as undisputed.
              So what does that make Danny Swift Garcia a Lineal champion or undisputed?

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post

PRPP
                i dont remember the lineage of 140 after pac left the divison but swift has 2 belts if i recall, i think LP still has the IBF

depending on if one counts the WBO, Ruslan has that

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post

PRPP
                  He's lineal. The true champion of the division. Provodnikov and Peterson, good as they are, are paper champions. I'd love to see Garcia fight both to become undisputed.

Comment

I'm a fan definitely but come June 7 ill be cheering for Cotto he's my favorite current fighter

Comment

Garcia beating Maytthis makes him the new so called lineal. the word is meaningless to me though. He is the best fighter of 140, we dont need special names like undisputed or lineal.

Comment

Working...
                      X