Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What factor was most responsible for Alvarez's victory last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked Canelo. He looked better than expected and was impressive, but no. He does not deserve credit for beating a shot unraked fighter with two recentish knockout losses whose only good win was Joel Julio 4 years ago.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

juan reason: ATG Snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
        canelo looked great last night. canelo's punches took a lot out of the dog, the reason why angulo threw so many arm punches and was so sluggish.

i thought the stoppage was a little premature though. that being said, angulo would've just been oupointed til the end had the ref not stopped the fight.
        I can see the issue so many have with the stoppage. I called bull**** on it myself and ended up having a debate about it with my brother and girlfriend who were also watching the fight. They felt like it was a good stoppage - I didn't.

I see their side of the argument, though. That Angulo was never really in the fight to begin with and had been taking hard shots to the head and body for nearly half an hour, but it was just one of those weird stoppages to me.

Normally when a fight is stopped due to a single punch the other guy has been down previously, or is currently on his ass or back on the canvas, so it was odd to see a single punch stop an upright fighter who visibly wanted to continue.

I hate seeing proud fighters like Angulo get stopped for any reason, but particularly when it's something that's seemingly out of the blue like that. You want to let these guys finish the fight at least for the sake of their pride, but the flipside is that the damage being done isn't always immediately noticeable to those of us in the viewing audience.

I truly see both sides of the argument on this one.

Kudos to Tony Weeks for having the balls and integrity to do what he felt was right. He was certainly in a better position to make that call than any of us were.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          As usual, after a big fight, NSB absolutely refuses to give credit to the victor and instead opts to bring out the excuses. Half of you ****s were backing Perro big time yesterday, now all I see in the threads on the front page are excuses ranging from clinical depression to use of EPO to Amir Khan beating Angulo up too much in sparring to the fight being fixed and the normal downgrading of an opponent half of you twits picked to win after he's been savagely beaten.

Believe me when I say that the above selected portion is not even half of what's currently going on in threads in this ****hole right now.

So which is it, ****s? Which factor is most responsible for Alvarez's victory last night? Was it Obama? The illuminati? Tony Weeks?

Weigh in.
          If you watch the fight in slow motion you will see that Angulo actually ko'd Canelo in rd 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            If you watch the fight in slow motion you will see that Angulo actually ko'd Canelo in rd 8.

I remember all of that "slow motion, no sound" ******ation quite well. Easily one of the top 5 highlights of stupidity this board has ever fallen victim to.

Comment

Angulo was getting beaten pretty badly and had not given much reason to think he could turn it around, he certainly didn't need 2 more rounds of that.

The fight went pretty much like I thought as long as Canelo had his head right. Even if his head wasn't right going straight across the ring and blasting Angulo let him know this fight was a totally different ballgame.

Solid win coming off a bad loss, they picked the right guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

I remember all of that "slow motion, no sound" ******ation quite well. Easily one of the top 5 highlights of stupidity this board has ever fallen victim to.
                I mean Angulo has looked better in past fights but Canelo looked better in this fight than before that was the difference, declining Angulo with seemingly less fire against an improving Canelo.

Comment

He never let Angulo into the fight. Whenever he got close he would hit him with a combo, make him reset, then hit him with another. When Angulo got brave he would get countered with a bomb from either hand

That was a great gameplan. He would smash any version of Angulo. The IQ, speed and combination punching was too much for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The fight was fixed.

Matthew McConaughey needs to hand over the Academy Award for Best Actor to Alfredo Angulo. The crying at the end and the obvious disappointment in his face(Or should I say what he and GBP choreographed) was what sold it the best. The scene where Angulo was visibly crying reminded me of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air scene where Will Smith's dad leaves him again and he starts crying on Uncle Phil's shoulder, with Virgil Hunter being Uncle Phil.

Canelo-Angulo was a magnificent film and I recommend it to any movie buff, seriously. Angulo turned in a top notch performance, from throwing the fight by getting his face beat in for 10 rounds, to the ending scene where he lectures Tony Weeks and becomes emotional.

Angulo's acting was no less than a 10 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      How about the "I've been watching boxing for (insert amount years) years, that was a fix, i'm telling you!" posts?

Like watching boxing for 20 years will make their "fix" claims less ******ed. It's a problem if you have been watching boxing for that long and you say such stupid things like Angulo threw the fight. They really think they have some kind PhD in boxing because they've watched it for so long.

Comment

Working...
                      X