Comments Thread For: Lara: Angulo Looked Old, Should Consider Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt.Pepper View Post
    Fighting Angulo was a bi.tch move.

Angulo is still sleep-walking from the Kirkland thrashing,not to mention the beating he just took from Lara.

I don't see how Lara vs Canelo will be anything but a dud.

Neither guy wants to engage....especially Lara...he only has one gear....Reverse.
    Well. Lara was at stage asking for the fight and Canelo Ginderella said no. So the one is backward is Canelo. But in a more recent article Schaefer said probably Lara's fight will come. So Ginger has balls and pride after all. He can run all his life. His only two good opponents are Lara or Kirkland. Cotto is done.

Comment

The angulo who fought canelo looked nothing like the version that fought lara last night, last night angulo looked completely burned out there was no snap or speed in his punches I think all that new fangled speed training that virgil incorporated may have burned angulo out. I noticed that he didn't look as muscular and ripped as he did against lara either he looked smooth and flat in the canelo fight. I think they should focus only on strength, offense and defense in his training the angulo who fought lara was relentless and you could actually here his punches landing to the body and the head that version of angulo would have given canelo a hell of a fight, last night he looked like he didn't even want to fight even before the bell rang you could see he had a look of apprehension he was not the same dog that was ready to get at his prey, he was not the same fighter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dray435 View Post
        The angulo who fought canelo looked nothing like the version that fought lara last night, last night angulo looked completely burned out there was no snap or speed in his punches I think all that new fangled speed training that virgil incorporated may have burned angulo out. I noticed that he didn't look as muscular and ripped as he did against lara either he looked smooth and flat in the canelo fight. I think they should focus only on strength, offense and defense in his training the angulo who fought lara was relentless and you could actually here his punches landing to the body and the head that version of angulo would have given canelo a hell of a fight, last night he looked like he didn't even want to fight even before the bell rang you could see he had a look of apprehension he was not the same dog that was ready to get at his prey, he was not the same fighter at all.
        Angulo should retire and protect himself. He will be another Mago with his poor defense. I hope no

Comment

Canelo picked Angulo because he saw what Lara is talking about. Angulo can't duck, can't slip, can't get out of the way of a punch. Stricken in yeats....and wars...and beatings.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Canelo picked Angulo because he saw what Lara is talking about. Angulo can't duck, can't slip, can't get out of the way of a punch. Stricken in yeats....and wars...and beatings.

I agree canelo hand picked angulo he knew all the wars and the lara fight had to eventually catch up with angulo, angulo was chosen to make canelo look great and resurrected. I want to see canelo in with a live dog with skill and who can crack I believe even cotto would give canelo a good fight because of his skill and experience, and if the cotto of old shows up using that left hook to the body which has been his bread and butter it could be a long night for canelo because of his stamina issues. I dont think for one second that canelo will just blow cotto out I think if the cotto that fought mayweather shows up using that patented body attack canelo has a good chance of losing, but if cotto shows signs of considerable wear and tear not so much.

Comment

If Angulo is going to continue to fight the way he fought Canelo, then I agree he should retire before he ends up seriously brain damaged or dead. He's been with Hunter for awhile now and still his boxing hasn't improved, not one bit. Hunter deserves a big fail for his work with Angulo. Angulo needs to drop Hunter and try to secure the services of the defensive master Floyd Sr.

Comment

Working...
              X