Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is The Best Ring Announcer Michael Buffer vs Jimmy Lennon Jr??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffer but i like Lennon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      For my taste Buffer is the worst! He makes the announcements sound ridiculous almost carnival like!
      Jimmy Lennon Sr. was very good as Jimmy Jr. is but the best was Johhny Addie!!
      Addie called the corner color then trunks, emphasized the home town of the fighter then gave weight and record then a comment. He would almost always repeat the fighters last name twice! When Addie announced the "principles" the hall/stadium got quiet as a mouse and the tension grew.
      Where as Buffer sounds like a carnival barker and tries to hard to hype the bout.
      I do like his willingness to learn languages and show respect for different countries that is very classey to me.
      I like Addie the best, he was serious as could be because things were about to get serious!!!!
      Ray.
      You reminded me of JOhnny Addie and I should not have forgotten. I agree with everything you say and I've always regarded Jimmy Jr. as a straight successor to his father. and like him even more. His voice has the clarity and can cut through all the niose, building up the coming excitement like no-one else today.

As for Buffer, I think his voice is carefully schooled, artificially practiced and as monotonous as heck. He makes it "chesty" and sounds artificial as blazes-to me anyway.

(If anyone remembers "The Andy Griffith Show" there was a character called "Gomer Pyle" who normally spoke in a reedy voice, but made records singing in a very fine baritone........ He practiced it that way).

The same_exactly the same pitch and tone every time, really monotonous, showing lots of repetition and probably in front of a mirror. I think he's had at least one or more facelifts, and about 20 years back, his face was red and veinous, like a boozer, although I don't imply that he was. It's ridiculous to me that he should be paid more than 95% of the main bout boxers. Scandalous.
      Last edited by edgarg; 03-08-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Both announcers are definitely the best and both are great but I really enjoy how Jimmy Lennon Jr's voice is in similar style as the old announcers from like the 60's. But again both are great at what they do and when I hear either guy's voice it gets me fired up and ready to watch a great fight.

Comment

They're both great, Buffer gives me more goosebumps.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE
            i remember when buffer first started. he was made fun of for the longest time. now he's the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
              i remember when buffer first started. he was made fun of for the longest time. now he's the norm.
              You've been around that long....How old are you??

I'm not surprised Buffer is winning this battle. I love Buffer's voice and "Let's Get Ready To Rumble" is such a classic phrase.

When it comes to boxing there's nothing better than a major fight with Michael Buffer as the ring announcer.

Comment

Jimmy Lennon Jr is oldschool gets my vote he is all class
                buffer is for the trendy f@gs out there
                Last edited by solo20; 03-08-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  Jimmy Lennon Jr is oldschool gets my vote he is all class
                  buffer is for the trendy f@gs out there
                  Such a hipster lol

Comment

i like both. voted buffer because of his greater impact on the sport.

i actually like all three. david diamante would do much better if he shaved that disgusting hair. it's gross.

Comment

I've got to give credit to Buffer and his "Let's get ready to rumble!" schtick, it works every time, but I prefer Jimmy Lennon Jr. Buffer has a habit of drawing out fighters' names to the point where he loses his breath. It seems a little unprofessional.

As the poster "gauze" so perceptibly pointed out, Lennon has that "old school" tone. You can easily imagine him announcing, "In this corner, wearing the black trunks with white trim, the welterweight champion of the world, the pound-for-pound king, the inimitable 'Sugar' Raaaay Roooobinson!"

Comment

Working...
                      X