No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Because Floyd is part of the Affirmative action group you know like our worthless President
    You're part of the home depot parking lot group and if you don't like OUR pres you can go down south where you belong.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      Anything Mayweather is a big deal on this site. It is usually the same fans making it a big deal. Talking about double standards, here are a few examples. Mayweather beat De la Hoya, and the fight is labeled a cherry pick because De la was passed his prime. Pacquiao beat an even older De la Hoya and he's the next Ali. Hatton is too small for Mayweather. Just right for Pacquiao. Mayweather dominates Marquez, and the fans say it was the the extra two pounds. Pacquiao is in 3 close fights with Marquez (no excuses). He is eventually KO'd by Marquez, and the fans say he it's obviously because he's on steriods. Mosely, over the hill for Mayweather. Not a problem when Pacquiao fight him after.

Canelo will not get half the grief Mayweather did for coming in overweight against Marquez.
      There it is..

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Since Floyd isnt the first to have done this, we can hardly call it setting a precedent can we?

Coming in overweight is old as **** in boxing and the USUAL penalty is you giving up part of your purse to your opponent.
        I can see that you endorse this behaviour. I dont. I prefer fairness and transparency.

Floyd has set a precedent in this era it seems. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Michael Spinks to appear putting an end to this BS.

Comment

TS were you around here back when Floyd fought Marquez?

This place was going crazy about what Floyd had done.. people certainly weren't like "this is no big deal".. Maybe a couple of complete die hard idiots but everyone else thought it was a scumbag move

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Maybe Floyd set a precedent. If you cannot make the weight, just pay the opponent off. It is most devaluing of our sport and I cannot wait for some opponent to just cancel a fight. This trend is sickening.
            For a poster with your knowledge to even suggest this is sad. How about you set aside your feelings and call the TS a clown.

I do agree that the bigger draw buying the weight is a sad trend. This being a fighters job it would never work unless the guy who came in under still got his purse if they cancelled the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
              Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
              Floyd came in below 147 at 146.

Canelo weighed OVER the weight limit at 155...if you can't see that you're in the wrong country...lol

He agreed to 144 when he didn't have to...he could have told JMM to kick rocks and fought somebody else.

You little dudes act like Floyd weighed 156 instead of 146.

Stop crying over 2 lbs....JMM isn't..and he damn sure isn't asking for a rematch.

Comment

I can see that you endorse this behaviour. I dont. I prefer fairness and transparency.

Floyd has set a precedent in this era it seems. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Michael Spinks to appear putting an end to this BS.
                You're totally blinded by haterade.

Manny set a precedent if anybody.

Floyd made an agreement at 144 he didn't even have to make.
                Alvarez made the 152 offer....that was HIS idea...

If JMM felt cheated he should he walked...he sure isn't whining about it...like you.

Comment

Comment

I certainly dont endorse **** and I dont have time for your struggle with reading comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      The TS used to be named coldcashcanelo. He made the thread because canelo did something shifty so he brought up Floyd as the defense. Sadly, posters pretend that Floyd fans were ok with Floyd and not canelo to somehow justify this thread. Seems he's still upset about September 2013. Move on and get over it already.

Fellas it's 2014, what Floyd did to JMM in 2010 has no bearing on canelo failing to make weight and paying angulo.
                      Unless your name is "The Big Dunn". Then a CW has a bearing on the other CW where YOU made a post to state Floyd's CW as defense/excuse.

"The catchweight hurt cotto as much as it did Canelo." - The Big Dunn

Comment

Working...
                      X