Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better left hook - Donaire or Swift Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Donaire does not lead well with his left hook at all, where was it when Rigondeaux was measuring him with the jab?

Not the same at all, southpaws are more susceptible to left hooks, especially one that loves to measure his opponents with the jab like a Rigondeaux. Not at all equivalent.
    1. I have seen donaire numerous times lead with the left hook, vs rigo no he didn't get it off but rigo is one of the best defenders in the world. Yes rigo took it away and donaire was gunshy but that doesn't me an donaire doesn't possess the lead left hook.. I haven't seen Danny ever jump in with speed and lead with the left hook.. I have only seen him counter flat footed, or step in with the left hook but haven't seen him lead with it ever. Hence why I think donaire's is more versatile,, he can hit it from different angles and looks

2. Dude your grasping at straws on this one... Rigo is an elite defender and so is Floyd... Yes they have different stances but both are extremely effective in the defense department, that is the equivalent in terms of defense

Comment

Not the same at all, southpaws are more susceptible to left hooks, especially one that loves to measure his opponents with the jab like a Rigondeaux. Not at all equivalent.
      Floyd's shoulder roll is not susceptible to left hooks.

He's either leaning too far back, or he has his guard up at all times anyways.

If there's anything the shoulder roll is susceptible to it's the lead right on the upper head area for right handed fighters. The left straight for southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        1. I have seen donaire numerous times lead with the left hook, vs rigo no he didn't get it off but rigo is one of the best defenders in the world. Yes rigo took it away and donaire was gunshy but that doesn't me an donaire doesn't possess the lead left hook.. I haven't seen Danny ever jump in with speed and lead with the left hook.. I have only seen him counter flat footed, or step in with the left hook but haven't seen him lead with it ever. Hence why I think donaire's is more versatile,, he can hit it from different angles and looks

2. Dude your grasping at straws on this one... Rigo is an elite defender and so is Floyd... Yes they have different stances but both are extremely effective in the defense department, that is the equivalent in terms of defense
        I don't see the second, Mayweather has the left hook down and it's a punch he rarely rarely ever gets hit with. You would have to time him when he's leading with the right hand and that's freaking difficult to do. Still, a southpaw who constantly measures his opponent with the jab is always gonna be more susceptible to the lead left hook, the fact that Donaire made little to no attempt or didn't have success only goes to show that he doesn't have a lead left hook worth noting.

Garcia can mix in his left hook a lot better than Donaire, Garcia will at least break through your guard while Donaire puts more emphasis in trying to lure you into the counter.
        Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 03-07-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Floyd's shoulder roll is not susceptible to left hooks.

He's either leaning too far back, or he has his guard up at all times anyways.

If there's anything the shoulder roll is susceptible to it's the lead right on the upper head area for right handed fighters. The left straight for southpaws.
          Agree there, tough to land with Mayweather's roll, turning and bending at the waist, it's gonna take good feints.

Comment

Agree there, tough to land with Mayweather's roll, turning and bending at the waist, it's gonna take good feints.
            Yep, feints are key against Floyd.

Comment

Donaire. Garcia throws his left hook as hard as he could with his eyes closed. Its not even a counter hook he's just trying to punch when he sees u about to throw a punch. Similar to a street fighter. That's actually what makes it lethal. Donaires hook has more skill, speed, and explosiveness to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                Garcia's left hook is more hidden and sneaky. Donaire has a great left hook but it is more obvious and readable than Garcia's.He often turns way past the target if he misses and shows the back of his head to his oponent.
                Hell no, Garcia throws the hook from his hip, he loads up much more than Donaire.

This right here and Donaire can only use his from close range.
                No, he's most effective with it at medium range.

Comment

Depends if you like little seizures/legs thrown in the air or 180's and Bambi legs.
                  I personally find Garcia's way cooler/funny/entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Hell no, Garcia throws the hook from his hip, he loads up much more than Donaire.

No, he's most effective with it at medium range.

donaire broke his jaw with that punch and it looked like he didnt even go that hard

Comment

When Danny starts KO'ing elite level guys at higher weights let me know

Comment

Working...
                      X