Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto: "Hardest fight for me...Mayweather" "145 catchweight Pac did affect me..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto: "Hardest fight for me...Mayweather" "145 catchweight Pac did affect me..."

When asked who was his hardest fight, Cotto responded immediately, "Mayweather." he went on to say that had he been in the kind of shape against Manny, that he was against Floyd, it "would have been a different fight..." " coming in at 145lbs...You don't feel it so much when training...but come fight night, you feel it in the ring."

Thoughts?

He got dropped twice, beat up for 11 and 1/2 rounds and stopped by Manny. He's not being real.

Comment

****storm ensuing

Comment

That azz whipping he took from Margarito doe

Comment

I can't say he's lying, I don't know, but Cotto looked fine physically against Pacquiao. He fell off after Pac dropped him hard and began whooping his ass. I can't believe 2 pounds would change that.

Comment

Everyone says Mayweather is the toughest fight because he's so great. I just think Pac dominated him in a way that we have never seen.

Comment

He might not think of the Pac fight as a fight, more of a race. He sure covered a lot of ground trying to get away from the midget, mostly laterally and backwards. If he wasn't weight affected, maybe he makes it to the finish line

Comment

I think he got beat up in the Pac fight, but probably meant that Mayweather was the hardest fight because of how good he is.

Comment

Cotto also had no problems with losing to Margarito, until someone showed him a picture with string on Tony's glove. Dude is a crybaby.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Armed Convict View Post
                    That azz whipping he took from Margarito doe
                    Yeah that loss was a straight up career changer.

I am a big fan of Cotto but am in no position to say which of Miguel's fights where harder, but I am surprised to hear him say it was the Mayweather fight. Especially after his post fight interview after his Pacquiao fight where he stated through a busted up face that "Manny is one of the best fighters we've had, all time" or whatever he said.

Like I said, it isn't for me, or any of us to say...But I am surprised he said that after how well he did vs Floyd. (high profile loss or not, he did good and touched Floyd up more than anyone of recent years)...

Comment

Working...
                    X