Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP did a poor job of promoting Canelo-Angulo fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twrx View Post
    Bars pay from 1500-3k for fights
    Say the fight brings in 50 additional customers that normally would not be there and they spend on average $35 in drinks and food, that's like $1,750 or $250 profit off of the fight. I'm sure that some people will spend well over that and if they charged like $5.00 a head as a cover, they would do alright.

Say 50 normal customers and 50 additional customers at $5.00 a head, that's $500 right there off of cover charges alone. Add in your estimated $1,750 revenue brought in from fans coming to the bar because of the fight and you are sitting at $2,250. I'm sure there will be a good percentage of people spending upwards of $100 in food and drinks too.....lets run with 1 in 10 people. That gives you 5 people (out of the PPV seeking customers) which would be an additional $500-$175 = $325 (you have to deduct out the estimated $35 they are already spending) which brings you to $2,575.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      none of the bars that usually show Boxing PPVs in my area are showing it. I just called a Trago Cocina and lounge and once i mentioned Canelo, dude lighted up and told me they might pull the trigger on ordering the fight. "call me back tomorrow."

if it wasnt for a lonely boxing fan like me, noone would know...
      Go to a Mexican restaurant/bar, lots of them are showing them here in TX. Personally, I'm buying it and have peeps come over.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
        Bars pay from 1500-3k for fights
        Yea its crazy, no surprise barely anybody orders them. Some bars route a residential feed to their bar but they can get fined crazy money for doing that

Comment

I'm living in Richmond, VA at the moment and if Pac or Floyd ain't fighting, bars don't carry other PPV fights. I'm ordering the fight even though it should be on showtime...

Comment

my guess is the card does 350 K. It really sucks with Figueroa off the card, I was really hyped for the entire card with that... but i could care les about linares, i dont care about the snooze fest molina and charlo. Main event is good but will be one sided and im look forward to leo santa cruz. Is this fight worth it?

Comment

Im Canadian and most fights dont get shown in bars but im really surprise i was in minnesota during bradley vs marquezs i literally called every single sport bar in the city, asked tons and tons of people and no where showed it

Comment

IM ordering it, but what you expect only one demographic should be really interested in this bout, so why would they spend useless money targetting area this demographic is not located in.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  none of the bars that usually show Boxing PPVs in my area are showing it. I just called a Trago Cocina and lounge and once i mentioned Canelo, dude lighted up and told me they might pull the trigger on ordering the fight. "call me back tomorrow."

if it wasnt for a lonely boxing fan like me, noone would know...
                  Did you really think GBP was going to spend several million dollars promoting this crappy fight the way they did with Mayweather/Alvarez? If Alvarez is as big of a star as he and his loyal followers think, this fight will sell big on PPV regardless of how much promotion is done. If Alvarez is the star that he and many people have been conned into believing he is, this fight should sell at least 400,000 PPVs. If it sells less than that, it will prove what I have been saying all along -- that Alvarez is nothing more than a great hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    according to posters on here this fight should do between 700k-1 million since Canelo was the one selling Floyds cards right???
                    Yeah, right. If anyone believes that, I have a bridge that I will sell them cheap!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing earlier. The fight is this sat and the promotion for it has been very poor considering its a ppv fight. Maybe it's because I'm in NYC but I have not seen 1 commercial for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X