Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, what is the biggest "What if?" in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, what is the biggest "What if?" in boxing?

Not fantasy match ups or anything like that, I mean things that you could actually say 'what if?...' or 'can you imagine if..' etc...For example off the top of my head the questions that inspired this thread...

What if Cus D'Amato wasn't so old when he took on Mike Tyson and therefore lived longer/throughout Mike's career?

What if Muhammad Ali wasn't forced into exile during what seemed to be the start of his absolute prime?

What if Sonny Liston was never openly controlled by the mob in a lot of fights?

Etc...(Please no 'what if Floyd never ducked Manny' or vice versa, I have no interest debating that here)

What if Ibeabuchi hadn't gone crazy and fought Lennox Lewis

Comment

What if Poli Diaz never got addicted?
      What if Fidel Castro never won the revolution? (boxing related)

Those are my favs.

Comment

Well this is simple.
        The biggest What if in boxing is Joan Guzman. He won more fights and more championships with What ifs than anyone else. Including his respect.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
          Not fantasy match ups or anything like that, I mean things that you could actually say 'what if?...' or 'can you imagine if..' etc...For example off the top of my head the questions that inspired this thread...

What if Cus D'Amato wasn't so old when he took on Mike Tyson and therefore lived longer/throughout Mike's career?

What if Muhammad Ali wasn't forced into exile during what seemed to be the start of his absolute prime?

What if Sonny Liston was never openly controlled by the mob in a lot of fights?

Etc...(Please no 'what if Floyd never ducked Manny' or vice versa, I have no interest debating that here)
          Funnily enough one of my biggest what ifs is if cus lived through Tyson's prime years as you kind of said. What if he kept Tyson focused.... Prime Tyson was too short

Also what if Valero was still alive..

Comment

what if Oscar fought Cotto instead of Manny

What if Whitaker didn't use cocaine how much more would he have accomplished

Comment

valero diidnt die !!!!!

Comment

What if Salvador Sanchez didn't die so young

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                  valero diidnt die !!!!!
                  He would've fought the Pacman, his dream fight.

Comment

What if Gerald Mcclellan never left Emanuel Steward, or Benn was counted out in the 1st round?

Comment

Working...
                    X