why is it ok for Danny garcia to low blow but not salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Bro, that Gamboa tweet is priceless.
    Lol the dude literally trying to let everyone know he will take chicle for the fight, and they just trying to spread rumors to avoid him how ironic if only he would have had that sense of urgency a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
      Salido threw about 40 low blows while Danny threw 6.... Uhhh those numbers are slightly different.
      That said I don't knock Salido for winning. If the ref did a bad job it's not Salidos fault.
      Lomo had his questionable tactics too... Ref did nothing.
      That's the flip-side. If the ref ain't doing shit about your tactics, why not keep doing it? And if you're on the receiving end, take matters into your own hands. End of....

You know, I like a nice, clean fight...clean boxing. But boxing is a combat sport; it's not ping-pong. Some guys take it too far to either extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        That's the flip-side. If the ref ain't doing shit about your tactics, why not keep doing it? And if you're on the receiving end, take matters into your own hands. End of....

You know, I like a nice, clean fight...clean boxing. But boxing is a combat sport; it's not ping-pong. Some guys take it too far to either extreme.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          Lol the dude literally trying to let everyone know he will take chicle for the fight, and they just trying to spread rumors to avoid him how ironic if only he would have had that sense of urgency a few years back.
          Yeah, no kidding. But I'm glad Gamboa is taking it to social media. People need to know what's up.

Comment

It's the job of the losing team to come up with the necessary excuses...anybody can punch low....it's a fight....just don't let the ref catch you....it's just like running a red light or parking where it's a No Parking sign....if the security guard allows you to keep robbing the bank, will you stop?!?

Comment

I would never support Salido. I hate his boxing style with a passion. Head down not even looking throwing punches that would look in comparison to what my sister throws...

He's awkward to fight. The only reason people are afraid to square up with him because they don't want their nose broken by his ugly ass big head. (Ie Mikey Garcia.) you see Lomanchenko trying to avoid his big head the entire fight? ****n annoying.

Comment

Salido used every veteran dirty trick in the book against a pro Virgin boxer and he knew that coming into the fight. Lomanchenko was too passive and a gentleman to act like a diva on his first major exposure. He'll get a title shot on his next fight and no one should be surprised. With Salido moving up and Lomanchenko remaining at #2 they'll match him with a winnable opponent but I tip my hat off to him he held his own against a WW and not getting KTFO he had Salido holding for dear life in the 12th.

Comment

What about that skilled nutboxer Abner Mares?

He got a pass as well on a couple of occasions.

Comment

you cant compare garcia with salido. salido threw literally ten times more low blows than garcia did and far more of them were on purpose. im not convinced garcia went low on purpose at all, he threw a lot of bodyshots and when you do some are bound to stray low, especially when someone is pulling your head down a lot like matthysse was.

all that said i dont blame either fighter, i blame the ref (in salidos case). you cant blame the fighter for taking liberties when given, you certainly cant pick and choose when to do it which is what so many posters do. tyson, holyfield, hopkins, duran, hagler, lamotta, monzon etc all bent the rules when they could get away with it just to name a few. fans just look the other way when it fits their agenda.

just like they look the other way when it comes to the constant rabbit punching from matthysse or the ridiculously excessive holding from lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

just like they look the other way when it comes to the constant rabbit punching from matthysse or the ridiculously excessive holding from lomachenko.
                      Or BHop, Ward, and Alexander's excessive cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X