No announcement yet.

Peterson gives Mayweather the toughest fight @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    NO he doesn't like I said styles make fights. Bradley doesn't have much of a jab and is too short to try and box. Good luck to him if he tries it he will get 100% picked apart and given a slow beating till he has to change it up and the fight is over by then.

Peterson has the length and jab to make it interesting and he's a great inside and body puncher. He has the best shot vs Floyd there is no doubt in my mind.
    Actually Bradley has the PERFECT style to beat Floyd. A straight up boxer isn't gonna do a thing to Floyd. You need a boxer/swarmer/brawler.

A cobra isn't going to beat a better cobra. It's gonna take a mongoose to kill a cobra.

Lamont is good at turning it into a brawl, but he's just overall sloppier.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Actually Bradley has the PERFECT style to beat Floyd. A straight up boxer isn't gonna do a thing to Floyd. You need a boxer/swarmer/brawler.

A cobra isn't going to beat a better cobra. It's gonna take a mongoose to kill a cobra.
      1)Do you think Bradley can box vs Floyd? If so please explain how he would do this with no power and no jab and is short.

2)Do you think Bradley can fight on the inside with Floyd?

Comment

1)Do you think Bradley can box vs Floyd? If so please explain how he would do this with no power and no jab and is short.

2)Do you think Bradley can fight on the inside with Floyd?
        1) Bradley isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight up boxing match. No. He's gonna use HIS boxing to not get clowned on the outside, and get his ass on the inside, and go to work.

2) Without a doubt in my mind. Bradley's bob and weave style, and combination punching will be better suited than Guerrero's stand up straight style with a "clinch me now" sign on his forehead.

And don't forget. You're also fighting Bradley's head. You might think I'm joking, but the style he uses is very frustrating to engage, because you're worrying about the head butt first.

Comment

Totally agree with you guys!

Been saying that for years that "Havoc" will cause all sorts of problems for Money.
          Just because "The Machine" stopped him has nothing to do with the here and ri now.
          Plenty of fighters got stopped early, and are still surging ahead.
          MP got stopped a couple times, and he's still on the p4p list.
          Adonis Stevenson was stopped, now he's king of the Lt.heaves.
          And my favorite p4p list fighter got stopped early in his career. This is a guy that FMJ refuses to get in the ring. That person is Sergio Martinez.
          So not to get side tracked, yes I totally believe LP can beat Floyd.
          Styles makes fights, LP has the talent, the skill set, and the guile to give him all sorts of fits, and will come out on top!

Comment

NO he doesn't like I said styles make fights. Bradley doesn't have much of a jab and is too short to try and box. Good luck to him if he tries it he will get 100% picked apart and given a slow beating till he has to change it up and the fight is over by then.

Peterson has the length and jab to make it interesting and he's a great inside and body puncher. He has the best shot vs Floyd there is no doubt in my mind.
            Bradley controlled Peterson with his jab.

Comment

And let me just say something.

Bradley has the STYLE to beat Floyd. I'm not saying he actually will.

I see it like a 7-5 or a 8-4 type of fight in favor of Floyd. Pretty close on the scorecards, and a bunch of people screaming robbery, because Timmy did way better than any of Floyd's past opponents.

Comment

how is Peterson limited the guy is physically a problem meaning his arm length and boxing ABILITY, can fight off a jab and is very very strong on the inside and does great body punching.

you need boxing skills to **** with floyd, this is something that Peterson has. Bradley has some boxing skills but he lacks physical attributes along with power, which is why I don't believe he has a shot in hell.

how do you beat floyd?

by outboxing him? or by out slugging brawling him?

You dont outbox a boxing master unless you have master class boxing skills.

Peterson is not that.

try again.

Comment

Peterson's not a very good boxer. There's a reason he's become such an inside fighter at the world class level, and it's because he looks average as hell trying to box. Mayweather would pick him apart with ease at range, it wouldn't even be close. He's also not that fast so he would have a very hard time getting inside, and pay for it.

Bradley is a much better outside fighter, as he proved when they fought. He isn't as good inside, but he's quicker and better at getting inside. Before Peterson, everyone thought of Bradley as nothing more than a swarming volume puncher. Bradley's main game plan wouldn't be to box Floyd. He'd pressure and swarm and try to outwork him, and he'd have a better chance at that than Peterson would.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    1) Bradley isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight up boxing match. No. He's gonna use HIS boxing to not get clowned on the outside, and get his ass on the inside, and go to work.

2) Without a doubt in my mind. Bradley's bob and weave style, and combination punching will be better suited than Guerrero's stand up straight style with a "clinch me now" sign on his forehead.

And don't forget. You're also fighting Bradley's head. You might think I'm joking, but the style he uses is very frustrating to engage, because you're worrying about the head butt first.
                    Bro you're nuts. People really need to watch the GUerrero fight again. Guerrero is solid as hell, and if Floyd wasn't on his A game with big dady in the corner he might have lost in that fight. Guerrero was game till round 12, and Floyd could not fight Guerrero on the inside at all. He had to tie him up and use his legs. GUERRERO is a damn swarmer and is tall.

Bradley has none of that! He wouldn't even get on the inside at all.

Comment

Average power, average handspeed, average footwork, never fought at 147, lost to Bradley, lost every time he's fought B+ opposition.

How is he giving Floyd problems again?

Comment

Working...
                      X