No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Maidana is Tailor-Made For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Maidana is Tailor-Made For Mayweather

WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia feels the rugged style of Marcos Maidana is tailor-made for Floyd Mayweather Jr. The two welterweight champions will collide in a unification encounter on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shocking... No matter who he fights at junior middle weight and below someone is going to say its too easy, or they're taylor made, or they're too old, too young, too slow, too short, too fat, weight drained, had a tooth ache and so on.

Good job Garcia on stating the obvious.

Comment

I agree but he won a title. The GBP welters like Alexander, Khan, Porter and Thurman who are more intriguing stylistically haven't earned their shots yet.

Comment

I do think that Maidana should not trouble Floyd all that much but a lot of people thought Margarito would cause Floyd a ton of issues, if someone thought that they should be at least mildly interested in seeing a pressure fighter who comes to fight throwing wide punches with bad intentions.

Especially given Floyd's advanced age, older fighters are more susceptible to having a pace pushed on them even if they can limit it like a B-Hop it still can make a close fight go the other way.

Comment

Thanks for the terrific insight Danny Boy.

Comment

and so are you, that's why you didn't take the fight, right danny?

Comment

I'm already sick of hearing Danny talk about this fight. If he had taken the fight from jump. And the BS'ry of the last couple months would have been non-existant.

Comment

Maidana wasn't bothered by Broner's mind games and he won't be bothered by Mayweather's either. I think he will tag Mayweather with some good hard shots. Key to this fight will be who they pick as a ref and if the ref let's Mayweather get away with holding and makes them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by churchmouse View Post
                  Maidana wasn't bothered by Broner's mind games and he won't be bothered by Mayweather's either. I think he will tag Mayweather with some good hard shots. Key to this fight will be who they pick as a ref and if the ref let's Mayweather get away with holding and makes them fight.
                  Floyd would outfight Maidana as well. I like Chino but he doesn't stand a chance. Wouldnt surprise me at all if Floyd stops him. Maidana had better be prepared for a healthy dose of body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    I'm already sick of hearing Danny talk about this fight. If he had taken the fight from jump. And the BS'ry of the last couple months would have been non-existant.
                    does this mean your starting to see that you boy Floyd is full of ****ery ?

Comment

Working...
                    X