No announcement yet.

Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker TKOs His Mother In Norfolk Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOOMbip
    It seems like this was a last resort effort not to lose the house to the IRS he even is quoted as saying "if they can't help pay the bills" He was asking for his mother and others that live there for help to pay the taxes on the house where they live at and he doesn't!!! How unreasonable is he, what scum! It never says in the article what his intentions were for his mother after having her leave her home before they lost everything they put into it to the government...maybe something more modest and for all the other family freeloaders the gravy train his hit it's final stop. This is a man trying to save his mothers home by at least getting something out of it and not letting it go to the wolves.
    It's pure conjecture, but I would not doubt for a second that Pernell's relatives, including his mother, were leaching off of him for years. In fact, I would be willing to make a good-sized bet on it.

The lady lived in the house for free for thirty years. (The house should now be free-and-clear, since your typical home loan is exactly that long.) Now that all that's required is to simply pay the yearly taxes, none of Pernell's six siblings can get together and pay their mom's bills? Clearly, the only winner in that family is "Sweet Pea."

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. He's not dead broke (I know this for a fact because my whole family is from the Penninsula) but he's also not getting million dollar fight purses anymore.

He just wanted them to help by paying some bills or taxes. They had $18,000 of overdue taxes so he needed to sell the house to pay that off. If he didn't sell the house, the IRS would have kicked his mother out instead of him. Which way to you want it?

Comment

Its sad, but at the same time she didn't pay her taxes and the people living inside the home didn't help pay, so what is he supposed to do?

Comment

"I cant believe you did that to your own mom pernell. smdh."

-Kobe Bryant

Comment

what ever happened to getting a job and handling your responsibilities?

Comment

Vargas tried the same thing with his mom

Comment

Originally posted by Champ4Life View Post
                http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/...247259271.html

Saw this on one of our local news stations. He moved his mom into a nice house 30 years ago. Now he's had her evicted so he can sell the house because he needs the money....
                Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                WTF.... I'm in Norfolk.... how do I not hear of this?
                I live over in Newport News and I haven't heard anything.

*******'s a helluva drug.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  It's pure conjecture, but I would not doubt for a second that Pernell's relatives, including his mother, were leaching off of him for years. In fact, I would be willing to make a good-sized bet on it.

The lady lived in the house for free for thirty years. (The house should now be free-and-clear, since your typical home loan is exactly that long.) Now that all that's required is to simply pay the yearly taxes, none of Pernell's six siblings can get together and pay their mom's bills? Clearly, the only winner in that family is "Sweet Pea."
                  It's another example of how a house tends to be a nonstop liability rather than an asset. Property tax is a mother****er.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    The article says Zillow.com (a real estate website) estimates the value of the house to be over $370,000. I can tell you from experience that Zillow tends to undervalue; and, in today's market, the house would likely sell for at least that much. Now, I know nothing about property tax rates in ******ia, but I find it extremely hard to believe that a house valued at nearly 400k incurs only one grand a year in taxes. In Florida, for instance, a house at that price would set you back about 4-5 thousand a year in taxes alone, depending on the county.

In very few families can one can expect some regular financial help from relatives, let alone 4-5 grand a year. Mrs. Whitaker might only get about $500 a month from social security, which is barely enough to eat. It would appear that Pernell's mom was living mortgage-free for thirty years. Now her son has hit hard times and the gravy train is over.

What gets me about all this, is how did it have to come to an eviction proceeding? It seems that Whitaker's mom just didn't want to leave. It's crazy, because with unpaid taxes, the state will simply seize the property and evict her themselves...all while Pernell loses the house he paid for. It may sound fucked up that Whitaker took his mom to court (and it is), but it looks to me that he was left little choice.
                    Taxes arent high in the 7 cities. I used to live there. I am a homeowner in huntsville, a comparable area.. my tax is 560 a year on a 150k house.

There is also a retired nfl player in that family. Taxes werent the problem.. coke is.

but I can see you are determined to defend this.

Comment

that's the problem with taking handouts
                      at any time, your benefactor can call you on it
                      what Whitaker does with shit he owns is nobody's business but his
                      just sucks seeing great fighters end up in situations like this

Comment

Working...
                      X