Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we miss out on the best of Manny at 140 and 135lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No. Manny as a fighter is a fighter. Had he fought the guys I mentioned I think he would've won (maybe not raheem given his skill set), just not in the fashion he did.

Since I don't rate a fighter based on KO v UD but on winning and losing, Assuming he won, I'd say he was just as good as he was at 147.
    he fought bigger guys like margarito, clottey and mosley pulling away, without question, It may be ugly but I see him destroying rahim, guzman and corley...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      I have to beg to disagree with you bro, PAC has fought his way to P4P recognition and imho he was no heir to anyone even to floyd, it was Oscar's miscalculation the pushed PAC to stratospheric stardom, the golden boy effect, which floyd was also a benificiary...

would anyone here choose to watch pac vs zahir, guzman, corley or the one he actually fought after oscar, hatton, cotto, marquez etc....
      I don't think you understood the post completely. Check my first and then read the one you quoted.

I never said he didn't fight his way there. he didn't reach #1 until floyd "retired". I have no problem with him taking the fights he did.

The TS question wasn't about what fights we want to see, it was about what would've happened had manny taken these fights. Had he taken the fights at 135/40 IMO he may not have won in the fashion he did. As such, the ODH fight may not even materialize.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I dunno i think MP has a better chance against Joan Guzman and Zahir Raheem ay the smaller weights than he does against 147lb version of those fighters. Which is why i think he was better relatively at 135/140 than he ended up being at welterweight (though he was still very good at 147).
      I would disagree. As a fighter is being built (and remember TR got manny from murad) into a draw, often how he wins is as important as who he beats. TR realized the money was at 147 so the got him through 135 quickly (1 fight), went to 147, then went down to Hatton (after floyd) to get him the title there and to move toward the floyd fight.

Either way, I dont think it would've made Manny better.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        he fought bigger guys like margarito, clottey and mosley pulling away, without question, It may be ugly but I see him destroying rahim, guzman and corley...
        Bigger means nothing to me. Its about skillset and attributes. Its why Margs at 5'11 wasn't too tall but yuri foreman at 5'11 was.

Zahir Raheem's style, reach, size and speed IMO would be far more difficult for Manny at that point, given his style and attributes, to deal with than Margs, clottey or Mosley at the point Manny fought them. Manny very well may have defeated him.

JMM is far smaller than all of them and gave manny significantly more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Bigger means nothing to me. Its about skillset and attributes. Its why Margs at 5'11 wasn't too tall but yuri foreman at 5'11 was.

Zahir Raheem's style, reach, size and speed IMO would be far more difficult for Manny at that point, given his style and attributes, to deal with than Margs, clottey or Mosley at the point Manny fought them. Manny very well may have defeated him.

JMM is far smaller than all of them and gave manny significantly more problems.
          You sad, sad man.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            LOL

JMM>>>
            Besides Marquez PAC would've beat everyone at 135 and 140 convincingly.

Comment

!35 to 140 is Pacquiao's perfect fighting weight and no one but Marquez, Danny Garcia and Matthyhsse would give him any trouble. He would beat Corely, Raheem and Guzman with ease. If these three were in Pacquiao's class they would be famous and not guys most fans never heard of. Pacquiao is much smaller than the welterweights he fights and he wins because of his skill, speed and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                !35 to 140 is Pacquiao's perfect fighting weight and no one but Marquez, Danny Garcia and Matthyhsse would give him any trouble. He would beat Corely, Raheem and Guzman with ease. If these three were in Pacquiao's class they would be famous and not guys most fans never heard of. Pacquiao is much smaller than the welterweights he fights and he wins because of his skill, speed and power.
                I'm not saying either of you are wrong but lets not forget that Guzman was undefeated and considered the best 135lber in the world when Manny beat David Diaz. Raheem had just beaten Morales, who had just beaten Manny.

while I agree it was smart to skip both weights and that manny likely wins, its not as easy as either of you make it.

Comment

PAC would've certainly have had far more knockouts if he stayed in those divisions. He would've cleaned those divisions out easily.

The key word here is PAC's POWER. Smaller guys can't eat PAC's power for 12 rounds. Only a guy like Rios would be able to withstand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                    Maybe. Don't know that for sure. This is the sport where favorites lose all the time..

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                      LOL

JMM>>>
                      That's dumb because PAC beat Marquez 3 times and the forth time he was handing Marquez a pizza face beating before he got caught...anybody can get caught and get knock out ( plus it's no secret that Marquez only won because of Memo invisible pill ).

Comment

Working...
                      X