Prime Pernell Whitaker vs prime Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Pernell Whitaker vs prime Floyd Mayweather Jr

Who wins?

My money is on Sweet Pea. He is much better at reading and picking off/avoid shots at a closer range than Floyd. Offensively he has an edge over Floyd as well. Who you got?

Whitaker
    60.87%
    Mayweather
    39.13%

Sweet Pea in a good fight. I see him pulling some old man tricks, turning Floyd on the inside, and cheesing on him.

Comment

Pea would jab Mayweather's head off. He isn't busy enough to chase and outpoint him like the way a guy like Oscar could

Comment

floyd wins all day .......
        pea did things great where floyd does everything great.
        but would be a game of chess

Comment

50/50 fight i think floyd might edge it doe

Comment

Whitaker would give pu$$y boy Floyd the Hurtado treatment.

Last edited by UTEP; 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

didn't floyd say he handled whitaker easy in sparring? though ive seen interviews where whitaker says he would beat floyd

Comment

at LW I'll take Sweet Pea

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                  didn't floyd say he handled whitaker easy in sparring? though ive seen interviews where whitaker says he would beat floyd
                  That was near the end of Pernell's career. Zab also did well versus Pernell in sparring around the same time. I think it would have been an ugly fight depending on how Floyd fought Pernell. Floyd deals with lefties differently post retirement than he did pre retirement. He understands the angles better now so he doesn't get tagged with the left as much imo. He used to just go high guard, and more offense before.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                    Pea would jab Mayweather's head off. He isn't busy enough to chase and outpoint him like the way a guy like Oscar could
                    DeLaHoya got a gift decesion... he got spanked that fight. Dropped him and all. If i remember correctly, Sweet pea out landed him and threw less and was so confident he was on the ropes posing with his team cheering incessantly while a not so confident Oscar was having his face wiped and back towled when the decesion was announced. Both of their perspective reactions to the announcement tell you all you need to know. But "The Golden Boy" was a cash cow plan long in motion so Poor sweet pea was simply a victim of future blockbuster star power and gift decesioning.

As for the poll, Money May would win. Sweet Pea in his prime was amazing but had many demons even at the time outside the ring. Was on stuff that had he not been he would have been untouchable with his skill set. Mayweather doesn't put junk in his body, he's 100% dedicated to boxing. That would be the only difference IMO. May would win a very very technical fight by a close decesion.

Comment

Working...
                    X