Ward getting dropped by Boone (vid)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward getting dropped by Boone (vid)

12:28

Now this is the same Boone who KO'd Adonis and knocked down Kovalev (although I have never seen video of that?) but in the rematch with Kovalev Boone hit Krusher with the same shot that Ward got dropped with and Kovalev ate it like candy.

Now I am a fan of Andre Ward, and I think he beats anyone 175lb and under (including Stevenson) EXCEPT Golovkin and Kovalev.

Do people really think that his chin would hold up against Golovkin and Kovalevs bombs? It would take a masterful performance by Ward to beat Golovkin or Kovalev and in doing so I would have absolutely no problem calling him the fantasy P4P #2 above Floyd (Wlad is number 1)

Thoughts?

Boone saying Kovalev beats Ward and Stevenson. Says he punches harder then Stevenson and is a better boxer then Ward

Comment

Golovkin is a weight class below him, we dont know if he can crack at 168. Ward is not invincible yes, but NOBODY is.

Comment

btw boone resume...... i believe has

pascal
        adonis
        kovalev
        ward
        lara
        rodriguez

GOAT??

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          btw boone resume...... i believe has

pascal
          adonis
          kovalev
          ward
          lara
          rodriguez

GOAT??
          The best journeyman of all time, IMO

Comment

Did Ward even see that shot coming?

Looked like a sneaky right hand uppercut in a perfect spot under the guard.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              Golovkin is a weight class below him, we dont know if he can crack at 168. Ward is not invincible yes, but NOBODY is.
              Very true.

But Kovalev on the other hand, would be the hardest puncher Ward ever fought. How would his chin hold up?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Did Ward even see that shot coming?

Looked like a sneaky right hand uppercut in a perfect spot under the guard.
                Kovalev is known for fantastic timing/precision on his punches and often punches through his opponents guard and throws over 100 shots per round. As well as his ability to measure distance (on top of the power)

It would be very difficult for Ward, IMO.

Ward would have a better shot at Golovkin.

Comment

ward has filled out quite a bit since then.....looks real skinny and weak there.

conte?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    Very true.

But Kovalev on the other hand, would be the hardest puncher Ward ever fought. How would his chin hold up?
                    froch is a banger, kovalev is bigger then froch so i do think yes. he would be. but its not like ward will be on bambi legs, he has a good chin. if he's going to get KO'D its probably a accumulation of punishment. which is hard for me to imagine because we've seen ward against the best at 168, and he hasnt taken much damage at all

Comment

Working...
                    X