No announcement yet.

Fury's dirty tactics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Of course I did - How could I deny that? He's fought plenty of good fighters in his time - the best the era has to offer.

And it wasn't even a criticism of Wlad particularly that he'd been fighting the level he has, because he's also a victim of circumstance.

It must be painful for him that the only guys willing to step up were guys like pianeta and wach.

That doesn't make it less embarrassing for you that you try to defend it saying they have credibility when they clearly did not.
    You discredit your own statement. You contradict yourself in your own post. You're lacking IQ. You might have some boxing history knowledge, but you're not smart. I explained why Wlad's opponents have credibility, you had no response with any facts. Did Ali fight 'bums'? Surely he did!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      You discredit your own statement. You contradict yourself in your own post. You're lacking IQ. You might have some boxing history knowledge, but you're not smart. I explained why Wlad's opponents have credibility, you had no response with any facts. Did Ali fight 'bums'? Surely he did!
      No I do not. I said it was embarrassing for him - as in, it must suck for him that there are no one better out there for him than Wach, Mormeck, Pianeta etc.

You're the one not smart enough to understand that.

Yes he did fight some bums. But never in his reign did he go 4 fights in row without fighting a top 10 fighter. In fact, if you look at Ali's reign you'll see that the vast majority of his opponents are ranked amongst the very top of the top 10 at the time of the fights.

Comment

Of course I did - How could I deny that? He's fought plenty of good fighters in his time - the best the era has to offer.

And it wasn't even a criticism of Wlad particularly that he'd been fighting the level he has, because he's also a victim of circumstance.

It must be painful for him that the only guys willing to step up were guys like pianeta and wach.

That doesn't make it less embarrassing for you that you try to defend it saying they have credibility when they clearly did not.
        yea,,,if it wasnt for povetkin and haye being on his resume over the last few yrs it would be very pathetic. hes only partially responsible as it takes 2 to tango but he really should have dropped his wbo instead of facing leopai. that guy is just terrible and shouldnt be anywhere near a title fight and it appears he did have other options this go around

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          yea,,,if it wasnt for povetkin and haye being on his resume over the last few yrs it would be very pathetic. hes only partially responsible as it takes 2 to tango but he really should have dropped his wbo instead of facing leopai. that guy is just terrible and shouldnt be anywhere near a title fight and it appears he did have other options this go around
          Wlad and his fans are a victim of their success in a way. After K2 was started they just found a way to maximize the profits, but the fans suffered.

When you're your own matchmaker and the champ, it's easy to offer opponents silly little money.

To think that Chisora only made 180k pounds for a heavyweight championsship fight..
          Last edited by LacedUp; 02-18-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

No I do not. I said it was embarrassing for him - as in, it must suck for him that there are no one better out there for him than Wach, Mormeck, Pianeta etc.

You're the one not smart enough to understand that.

Yes he did fight some bums. But never in his reign did he go 4 fights in row without fighting a top 10 fighter. In fact, if you look at Ali's reign you'll see that the vast majority of his opponents are ranked amongst the very top of the top 10 at the time of the fights.
            You go a long way to discredit Wlad (even though you secretly respect him, like Haye does - in other words you have the soul of a davey gaye, which I naturally dislike). So yeah, it probably sucks that Wladimir doesnt' have better opposition, given how goddamn supreme he is. But it's not Wladimir's fault, as you've pointed out yourself. You need yo check your consistency posting here mate.

Comment

You go a long way to discredit Wlad (even though you secretly respect him, like Haye does - in other words you have the soul of a davey gaye, which I naturally dislike). So yeah, it probably sucks that Wladimir doesnt' have better opposition, given how goddamn supreme he is. But it's not Wladimir's fault, as you've pointed out yourself. You need yo check your consistency posting here mate.
              I don't secretely respect him. I openly respect him. He's just not my cup of tea in a fighting sense. And I most certainly don't like the way he does business, tying down his opponents to silly contract whilst paying them very little.

I've always maintained that. I'd like to see just one of his stans criticize him for something. just once.

But you never do. And that's why you are the worst group of people on this forum.

Comment

its not entirely his fault but hes partly to blame. put it this way,,,there's no way in hell lennox lewis would be facing a guy like leapai,, mandatory or not back in his day. hed just drop the belt like wlad should do. hed still be considered the man anyway and the wbo is the least prestigous of the belts and this is coming from a wlad fan. its very disappointing becuz hes near the end of his career so there's little time left for good matchups

Comment

I don't secretely respect him. I openly respect him. He's just not my cup of tea in a fighting sense. And I most certainly don't like the way he does business, tying down his opponents to silly contract whilst paying them very little.

I've always maintained that. I'd like to see just one of his stans criticize him for something. just once.

But you never do. And that's why you are the worst group of people on this forum.
                  Haye didn't play any politics with regards to the Klitschko's? You're a hypocrite. You have a silly prejudiced hatred for the Klitschko's that you developed just around 5 years ago.

Comment

Wlad and his fans are a victim of their success in a way. After K2 was started they just found a way to maximize the profits, but the fans suffered.

When you're your own matchmaker and the champ, it's easy to offer opponents silly little money.

To think that Chisora only made 180k pounds for a heavyweight championsship fight..
                    I thought Chisora earned 100K for that fight and copped a fine for his behaviour too.the Vitali fight was a gift as Wlad had messed Del Boy around,with the injury in December and the pull out in the second fight so Wlad could prepare for Haye.

Didn't he earn 1m for the Haye fight with Haye taking about 3.5m ?

Comment

Haye didn't play any politics with regards to the Klitschko's? You're a hypocrite. You have a silly prejudiced hatred for the Klitschko's that you developed just around 5 years ago.
                      You keep saying I'm a hypocrite, but what for? Haye was a champion who brought more money to the table than Klitschko. So how is demanding a 50/50 split not fair for everyone involved? It was Wlad who didn't want to do that right away, and wanted to tie Haye down to a multi fight contract etc.

No, I don't hate the Klitschko's at all. I just think Wlad is one of the most boring fighters i've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X